Fresh water tank leak?

I own a 2016 Bighorn 3010re and noticed an issue with the fresh water tank overflow valve.
When I first brought the rig home and backed it into my driveway, I noticed a great deal of water flowing from the overflow valve.
This also happens when I drive the trailer out of the driveway to go on a trip.
My driveway is rather steep and I don't notice this problem at any other time.

Another issue I experienced was when I filled up my fresh water tank water came poring out of the overflow valve when the tank was full.
I expected this, but did not expect this flow to continue until the tank read the it was only 2/3 full.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Any thoughts on what the issue might be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary

sengli

All three fivers I have owned from heartland all had the same thing happen. Those over flow vents on the fresh water, will flow out a lot of water if the rig isn't perfectly level, and sitting still. Some people on here have gone as far as installing shut off valves on the the over flow outlets, to stop the water from escaping. The only gotcha, is you need to remember to open those valves when you fill the tank, or when you have stopped so they can vent as designed.

Thanks senjli for the reply.

You mentioned that some folks had installed a shutoff valve on the overflow vent.
Do you know what type of shutoff valve would work?

Thanks,
Gary