Propane Pigtail

RVFun4Us

Replaced the propane pigtail on the door side of my Big Horn last fall trying to determine why the furnace would not disperse any heat when on that propane tank. On the off-door side, and on that propane tank, the furnace worked fine. So followed other owner's recommendations and replaced the pigtail and small red regulator. Worked fine for awhile but now is not heating from that side again. I purchased a new dual stage regulator but before I install it, wanted to ask if there is a difference in propane pigtails. Watched a youtube video the other day and the guy indicated that the color on the female end should be the light green, not the darker green or black color. Had not heard this before. The pigtail I used for the replacement is a dark green. So my question is whether there really is a difference. The darker green pigtail shows on the package that it is most commonly used to connect bulk tanks to dual stage regulators on campers. So was the you-tuber giving out false information or is there something to the type of pigtail I should be using?

TedS

Found this explanation:
Expert Reply:
There are differences that the colors reference for the Type 1 Propane connectors based on the spring tension and flow rate. The light green connectors are rated for Rated for 200,000 Btu per hour. The black are rated for 70,000-100,000 Btu per hour. The dark green are rated for 450,000-500,000 Btu per hour. The Red connector is the strongest spring and is often used for high pressure adapters and T-fittings

RVFun4Us

Thanks Ted for the explanation. I think I will swap out to the light green again to provide the right BTU and spring tension then. Good to know.