2011 Heartland Augusta Counter Top Material

Kandy

Does anyone know if the 2011 Augusta had Corian or Hexan countertops? They are scratched and we are planning to refurbish with the techniques I have read on the forum.
I want a HIGH GLOSS WET LOOK on the counter tops but do not know what to use to reach this goal. The Paste and Wax is good but not HIGH SHINE enough for me.
Thanks.

jbeletti

It is not Corian. I believe Cookie is right - it's Hanex. Later, that changed to LG Hausys Hi-Macs.

Early Landmarks (2005 and possibly a few more years) did use Corian.

To be sure which non-Corian product you have, using a flashlight, pull out some drawers of a base cabinet and look at the bottom of the material. Or maybe to the left or right of the kitchen sink from the underside. The name is likely printed on it.

danemayer

I've attached one of the brochures which I think shows the 2011 Landmark. It says Hanex.

LANDMARK’s HANEX™ TRUE RESIDENTIALSOLID SURFACE Counter Tops increase theusability, beauty and value of our coaches.The advanced blend of natural materialsand pure, acrylic polymer is formed overa strong plywood base, providing designversatility and long-term performanceto our customers. Hanex™ is one of thetoughest counter tops in the world that isboth durable and RENEWABLE.

Link to Hanex document

Attachments

• LM_Top_30_Reasons_web.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 7

Kandy

I've attached one of the brochures which I think shows the 2011 Landmark. It says Hanex.

LANDMARK’s HANEX™ TRUE RESIDENTIALSOLID SURFACE Counter Tops increase theusability, beauty and value of our coaches.The advanced blend of natural materialsand pure, acrylic polymer is formed overa strong plywood base, providing designversatility and long-term performanceto our customers. Hanex™ is one of thetoughest counter tops in the world that isboth durable and RENEWABLE.

Link to Hanex document
Cookie and All: Thanks so much for the documents. Very , very helpful. We will also be looking under the sink just because I'm curious.
Thanks to all for the info, this family really comes through when you need it.!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

It is not Corian. I believe Cookie is right - it's Hanex. Later, that changed to LG Hausys Hi-Macs.

Early Landmarks (2005 and possibly a few more years) did use Corian.

To be sure which non-Corian product you have, using a flashlight, pull out some drawers of a base cabinet and look at the bottom of the material. Or maybe to the left or right of the kitchen sink from the underside. The name is likely printed on it.

Thanks Jim for always being there with the right info.

jbeletti

Cookie and All: Thanks so much for the documents. Very , very helpful. We will also be looking under the sink just because I'm curious.
Thanks to all for the info, this family really comes through when you need it.!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Jim for always being there with the right info.

It's a team effort and our mods are pretty good at it. So are our members. Many, many years of experience and they're not shy to share it with those in need.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In the event your Hanex counters get scratched, it’s not too hard to polish them back to almost new. Some progressive sandpaper grits to 3000 and some polishing cream (not compound) and a bit of Macguairs wax and voila! Had to do ours back in 2010 after some lowlife scum broke in and stole the TV’s, messing up the counter next to the sink by crawling over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk