Trailer had intruders

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
Our trailer had intruders in it on the weekend at our storage location. They went in Friday night, I was there Friday during the day, my practice is to close the door, flip the hand tail over the door, then press the lock button on my fob, I then test the door to ensure the dead bolt has engaged. sometimes if I forget to push the door back to latch, the dead bolt will not disengage the next time I unlock with the fob and have to use the key.

I received a call Saturday morning that our door was open, I went to the trailer and found that someone had been in the bed as the covers were pulled over to one side, we leave the bed covered with the factory cover when the trailer is in storage.

Long story but does the unit cancel the factory default numbers when you input new numbers and is there a pass key that fits all door locks?

No damage in the trailer, TV's were good, they did not crawl over the island to the living room, from what I could tell they did not check cabinets.

danemayer

Long story but does the unit cancel the factory default numbers when you input new numbers and is there a pass key that fits all door locks?

Input new numbers? Are you talking about a keyless entry lock, like RV Lock? If so, when you change the code, the old code no longer works.

I don't think there's a pass key per se, but dealers and locksmiths can purchase a key that will remove the core from a lock - so that might count as a pass key - perhaps for OEM door locks.

CDN

B and B
I had a discussion with RV Lock and they refused to change the handle lock from a dealer pass key. Said it had to be that way, dealers needed access.

I opted for keyed on both in my case being -30 C here in the winter.

Chainsaw

Input new numbers? Are you talking about a keyless entry lock, like RV Lock? If so, when you change the code, the old code no longer works.

I don't think there's a pass key per se, but dealers and locksmiths can purchase a key that will remove the core from a lock - so that might count as a pass key - perhaps for OEM door locks.

yes it is RV lock, they insist that the dead bolt lock will not open with a dealer pass key. I have checked and the code for default is gone, replaced with my code.

jbeletti

Don - I have many master keys and can confirm that they do NOT work in the deadbolt lock - only the handle lock.

CoveredWagon

Funny but the key that came with my RV Lock opens both,locks, so I imagine if some one had a key that fit they open both.

Flick

Funny but the key that came with my RV Lock opens both,locks, so I imagine if some one had a key that fit they open both.

Yes. Your key opens both but your deadbolt rv lock is unique. A dealer’s key to open the coach will not open your deadbolt.
Thats why we all should lock the deadbolt and only lock the handle if your paranoid. No one can unlock your deadbolt unless by chance (which is rare), they have your key.

Chainsaw

Thank you all.
My RV Lock is going down fast now as the plastic material that covets the lock and unlock is breaking away or cracking. The lock has only been on maybe 2 years and we have not used the trailer in 10 months due to Covid 19. This lock obviously not as good as the RV lock we had on the Landmark.

LBR

Thank you all.
My RV Lock is going down fast now as the plastic material that covets the lock and unlock is breaking away or cracking. The lock has only been on maybe 2 years and we have not used the trailer in 10 months due to Covid 19. This lock obviously not as good as the RV lock we had on the Landmark.
Contact them for new numerical covers as they are a replacement item...they may even send for free.

danemayer

Thank you all.

I think I'm on my third or fourth numeric cover sheet, and I almost always use the FOB. They seem to last around 2 years. I blame it on DW.

jbeletti

Thank you all.

Don - I agree with LBR, contact RV lock for replacement button cover. The old one will peel off the the new one with stick on in its place. Get 2! Agree on nails - I'm blaming Nancy for ours being cracked (again).

RoadJunkie

NOT fingernails! We are very careful while using the touch pads and they are using simply defective materials to make the pads. Frankly, I’m tired of replacing them and RV Lock is refusing to admit their product cracks in a short period of time. When I call them they suggest buying, still more pads, at a wonderful discount price during a sale.

Chainsaw

I do not have long nails and use the FOB. They have offered to sell me a replacement for $16.00 plus shipping.