Both A/C's water heater and fridge on shore power at same time

NYSUPstater

As the title says, was wondering (and should have asked this before today), but upon arriving at CG and it's hot, can all the above be ran at same time or as soon as you get hooked up? IMO, sounds like a lot of juice all at once and can RV elect system handle all 4 at same time?

donr827

Re: Both A/C's water heater and fridge on elicit at same time

Is your trailer 30 amp or 50 amp? Same question for the campground. Also what is the model of your trailer?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Profile says you have a BC so you have “50A” power cord. If the park pedestal is 50A you should be fine turning everything on at once. 30A park pedestal only one AC, maybe both if you run WH & fridge on propane. Do you have a surge protector? That should indicate the power (amp) draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

50 amp service delivers about 6,000 watts on each power leg. Your A/C units, water heater and refrigerator each draw no more than 1,800 watts. As long as all of them aren't on the same power leg, you'll be fine. If it turns out they are on the same power leg (not likely), you can rearrange things pretty easily.

We sometimes will have both A/C units running, along with the water heater and refrigerator, and may also use the microwave or run the dryer at the same time.

GK2018

We sometimes will have both A/C units running, along with the water heater and refrigerator, and may also use the microwave or run the dryer at the same time.

We run the same in ours at times and haven't had any problems occasionally if we're babysitting you could add a TV or two to those same running items.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LBR

Here's the hard numbers for our CY, IF we were to pull in and wanted to run those high ticket items (we have a residential refrigerator)

1) Line 1-bedroom AC...12A
2) Line 2-living room AC...12A
3) Line 1-water heater...11A
4) Line 1-fridge...11A

Can't forget the 2 ACs and fridge needing a few more amps each to start their compressors up.

Looks fairly good so far, until the silent giant gets awakened at full potential...the converter. Ours is the PD 9280, and I added a Charge Wizard. After a long day of traveling with the fridge drawing down the battery bank faster than the truck can charge, when my charge wizard is set on bulk, the 9280 will pull 24 Amps on Line 1. Our Line 1 could feasibly be drawing 12,11,11,24...58A.

This is just a reminder that we all should know how our trailers are wired, how much potential draws one can have on the individual Lines 1&2, and be aware how to circumvent a possible 58A, or more, line draw.

On a side note, everyone HAS axled their fully loaded combination already, right? If not, you should....just for awareness sakes....

wdk450

Just remember, although the RV electrical is commonly referred to as "50 Amp", it is in fact 2 phases of 50 amps, giving you a total of 100 amps.
The 30 amp RV electrical in contrast is only 1 phase, for a total of 30 amps.

NYSUPstater

Again, I'm sorry for not incl all the info (was really half asleep), but coach is a 50A and use a PI 50A EMS. Once we are all set up, we've ran everything on elect w/o a prob, but was just concerned about turning all the items on at same time or prit near same time.

Thank you for the quick replies.