2020 Torque t285 Slide hitting floor HELP

Dlarsen

We have a 2020 T285 Torque. We have had it to the dealer several times because the Slide is rubbing the floor. They put a wedge in it to raise the cabinet. It made it worse!!!:mad: They reset the wedge and it is now rubbing the floor on the other side of the cabinet. Has anyone had a similar issue? How has it been fixed? What would be the proper fix? We have heard of other dealers cutting the cabinet near the floor to give it some space then putting a roller to support it. This sounds extreme to me but we are new to trailers that have a slide out. We were always a little scared of this very thing or worse happening. Any help or incite would be appreciated. :confused::)

danemayer

Hi Dlarsen,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry you're having a problem. Hopefully someone will be able to chime in with helpful advice.

Dahillbilly

at this point I'd call Heartland direct w/ last six digits of the VIN# & see what they tell you!! Phone call is cheap & quick.

ajtanzer

We have a 2020 T285 Torque. We have had it to the dealer several times because the Slide is rubbing the floor. They put a wedge in it to raise the cabinet. It made it worse!!!:mad: They reset the wedge and it is now rubbing the floor on the other side of the cabinet. Has anyone had a similar issue? How has it been fixed? What would be the proper fix? We have heard of other dealers cutting the cabinet near the floor to give it some space then putting a roller to support it. This sounds extreme to me but we are new to trailers that have a slide out. We were always a little scared of this very thing or worse happening. Any help or incite would be appreciated. :confused::)
This happened to us and actually ripped up our linoleum, we took it to the dealer who fixed the linoleum and then shaved an inch or so off the cabinet and then put felt on it so if by some odd change it does catch, it slides much smoother. Haven’t had an issue since-ours was still under warranty when that happened