2015 Duramax dually

carl.swoyer

So this past Saturday I put my fifth wheel at a Marina for a month. Then my Brink's home security system went wacko so today I came back to the house to deal with it.
Now I'm heading back to the marina the check engine light is on? Advance auto said there no longer authorized to perform scans.
Then on the way to the dealership info center say 175 miles to go before 65mph. Arrrgg .
It appears to be DEF related.
Now I'm waiting for the dealership to diagnose it.
They also said that I have a "special warranty" pertaining to the def tank.
Dane Mayer didn't you have a similar issue!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
5ff2c5267e67d5f54229a278a8a89da7.jpg
Better picture than the previous.
2776046aaa5d37a47826c1e24f55fb01.jpg
da362a37183341c8069623ead7857885.jpg

lynndiwagoner

Call me an anti-environmentalist all you want but I personally think, and I know there are those that disagree with me, that this DEF business is ridiculous for privately owned light duty diesel trucks. When it finally gets out of the "extended warranties" it will still have a lot of life left in it. What are you going to do then? There is a solution that's not acceptable in CA and a few other States, but it will end all of your emission problems, mileage will go up, and the engine will last a lot longer. I couldn't be happier.

carl.swoyer

Call me an anti-environmentalist all you want but I personally think, and I know there are those that disagree with me, that this DEF business is ridiculous for privately owned light duty diesel trucks. When it finally gets out of the "extended warranties" it will still have a lot of life left in it. What are you going to do then? There is a solution that's not acceptable in CA and a few other States, but it will end all of your emission problems, mileage will go up, and the engine will last a lot longer. I couldn't be happier.
What programer did you get

lynndiwagoner

EFI Live Autocal 5, downpipe back. Stock program. FASS lift pump. No black smoke. Around Oklahoma and Texas it would be unusual to find an older, out of warranty diesel that's still stock. I did keep all of the crap.

carl.swoyer

Looks like the big brother to my baby 2015 Chevy 2500HD...

View attachment 64395
It's an incredible truck
I went through big horn national park last year.
I set the cruise control at my desired speed and never touched the break pedal. It was 18 miles down at 14% grade. Under 25mph on the hair pin turns grade breaking did all the work.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Mine just turned over 80,000 miles on Saturday just a month short of six years from when I bought it.

wdk450

Just a note to everybody on OBD code readers - You may not need them.

I went in to renew my registration in late April, learned that I had to have a California "smog check" on my Dodge Cummins diesel, went to the smog check place, got a "pre-check" (not reported to the state's computers) and learned that my truck was recording a couple of error codes without turning on the "Check Engine" light. I went through a lot of runaround with a few dealers with no answers, until I remembered that there was a way (at least with my truck) to read those codes without any external test equipment. For my truck you turn the ignition key from "Accessory" to "Run" 3 times in about 5 seconds. Then your error codes appear in the odometer display. Codes can be researched on the internet. For me, the codes presented informed that my magnetic auxiliary radiator cooling fan clutch was no longer working. I got that fixed and the codes went away.

A second function is a self-test of the instrument panel guages and readouts. This is done by holding in the odometer reset shaft while turning the ignition switch from "Accessory" to "Run". The analog guages go from 0 to max and then down by steps. The digital displays all do something too (888 displays?).

Research your vehicle on the internet for self tests.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just a note to everybody on OBD code readers - You may not need them.

I went in to renew my registration in late April, learned that I had to have a California "smog check" on my Dodge Cummins diesel, went to the smog check place, got a "pre-check" (not reported to the state's computers) and learned that my truck was recording a couple of error codes without turning on the "Check Engine" light. I went through a lot of runaround with a few dealers with no answers, until I remembered that there was a way (at least with my truck) to read those codes without any external test equipment. For my truck you turn the ignition key from "Accessory" to "Run" 3 times in about 5 seconds. Then your error codes appear in the odometer display. Codes can be researched on the internet. For me, the codes presented informed that my magnetic auxiliary radiator cooling fan clutch was no longer working. I got that fixed and the codes went away.

A second function is a self-test of the instrument panel guages and readouts. This is done by holding in the odometer reset shaft while turning the ignition switch from "Accessory" to "Run". The analog guages go from 0 to max and then down by steps. The digital displays all do something too (888 displays?).

Research your vehicle on the internet for self tests.

It's also been noted that if you have OnStar and get the Check Engine Light, you can contact them and get the code and explanation. But, with an OBD reader module, you can display running information to your iPhone or iPad, if you like.