2021 Goshen Rally - Personal Health Safety Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Hello Heartlanders!

So June 2021 seems like a long time from now (11 months from the time of this writing), but it's not too soon to start getting serious about planning the 2021 North American Heartland Owners Rally.

So many things to plan, so many things to consider. One item I'm considering is health safety. No one can say today, what the state of COVID-19 will be like in North America next June. And even if there's a vaccine by the end of 2020, will we be safe in June 2021? We just don't know.

Please know that we will take whatever precautions we can, based on the current state of COVID-19 in that timeframe. Even if it means that we have fewer rigs, distancing friendly activities, caterer plated meals, no big potluck etc. We'll do what we feel we need to in the interest of everyone's health.

That said, we each need to make our own risk assessments and do (or not do) what's in our own personal health's best interest. Even if that means you decide to pass on the rally.

If we feel we can safely host this event - we will do so. Over the coming weeks and months, you will see many new 2021 Goshen Rally related threads be created on the Heartland Owners Forum. Know that this is me, Jim Beletti, doing what I do - planning. While I will be hoping and planning for the best, I will have contingency plans for something much less or even no rally at all.

All this to say, please don't be alarmed to see me taking an optimistic approach to planning as you sift through the various new 2021 Goshen Rally threads.

Thank you Heartlanders!

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club
Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs

PS: I invite your feedback on this topic. However, please, no politics. Thanks :)

Heartland related Facebook page/group admins: Feel free to syndicate this post using this link: https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...ety-Discussion?p=640232&viewfull=1#post640232

Thank you for your thoughts Jim.
I know you will have a lot on your plate planning this Rally, better to be proactive than reactive.
We hope & pray that the future holds a brighter outlook for things of this nature.
We will follow your advice & guidance on this matter.

Thank You Again for your update.

Hockster

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jim, thank you for your leadership and guidance. I know that you and your crew will make the best decision for all of us. Hopefully, this rally will take place. We have been as disappointed as anyone about the cancellations this year so far. We will be looking forward to the planning and developments for the rally.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim, I know you’ll figure it out. I wanted to give you an example of an experience we had recently. We went to the National Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg. We were required to get tickets in advance, for a scheduled time. We could not arrive until 15 min before. We had to wear masks during the tour. At first we watched a video, and the seats were spaced 6 feet apart, a group of about 20. We started viewing the museum in a self-guided tour, and we stayed 6’ apart throughout. Areas that could become crowded, like smaller rooms off the main area, were roped off so visitors wouldn’t get too close in that area. They scheduled each group about 15 min apart. It seemed to work really well. We never felt too crowded or rushed. This is something to consider if you decide to do a factory tour this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.