Main Awning Fasteners

A few of the fasteners securing the main awning have backed out and the track holding it is pulling away from the exterior side wall. It has been suggested this is a common occurrence on Heartland installed awnings.
Does anyone have recommendations for the best "fastener" or screws, or what would be the best way to address this. I have no idea where the "studs" or wall supports are located on my 2019 Cyclone 4500, so I'm assuming they would need to be hollow wall fasteners?? Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

See you down the road!

danemayer

Hi cowboy1972,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Based on posts to this forum, I don't know that this is very common at all. Nevertheless, perhaps someone who has had it happen to them will chime in with some feedback for you.

sengli

The studs are really like 1x1 square aluminum tubes, so there isnt a lot of "meat" there to screw into to begin with. From the factory they add additional "studs" in these walls to even get the awnings something to attach to. I to, havent heard any threads on here about this issue being common place yet either.

It however does go thru my mind, that if you one were to leave the awning out and a bad gusty storm came through and ripped the mounting off...how would you repair this type issue. As you can see the laminated walls are only like 1.25" thick