Service and warranties

Jdm85

Hello all new to the site...
I am looking to find out a better way to get warranty items taken care of.

We bought a 2019 4115 cyclone may 23rd of 2019. My wife went to do the walk threw on may 28th of 2019. She was presented the wrong camper from the dealer. The dealer insisted to her this was the camper she picked out. Which it was not. On our part my wife took a picture of the vin modle number and location the camper she picked out was on the dealers lot.
After hours of negotiations. The dealer agreed to get is the camper we originally picked out.
My wife went back jun 3rd of 2019 to do the walk threw on the correct 4115 that we had purchased.
There was a laundry list of items to be fixed or corrected on the walk threw. Which none of them were taken care of apon delivery. Yes they dealer delivered it to our house.. my wife was on the phone immediately with warranty and the dealer.
This is what the dealer and warranty told her...
Most people wait a few months to go threw everything and then send it in for warranty isues...

This is not our isue... our list is the following... now 4 items have ben added sense our original purchase and delivery date... as follows

Side finders are not braced and attached screws missing
Rear garage side door swells shut during hot days
Rear awning exstremly dented apon delivery
Water leaks from gutter down the side of the camper into the outside cooler and tv compartment... surrounding mdf material is waterlogged and pealing

Front slide out bottom is rotten... and bottom is soft.
Added april 2020
Large livingroom slide rotten floor underneath fridge is saging in floor .. added april 2020

Led light strip over main slide out is not inside it is under the seal and has ben pulled to the outside of the camper..

Cargo door between kitchen and garage is out of square
1 1/2 " and will bot stay shut
A screw from same door frame is protruding threw the outside of the camper on driver side

Screw in bottom of slide out that has torn our linoleum in the kitchen floor
Awning lights do not work
Front slide out seal is not attached far left hand side.. it is just hanging there

Paper seam take pealing day of purchase
Kitchen table is not anchored or secure... moves 2" left to right
Shower skylight is covered by roof material so its not a sky light
Football size bubbles in the roof material
Anderson valve leaks and fills tanks on city water / yes I have always ran a presure regulator

All sinks and water lines leak... it was never presure tested
Belly tanks do not have fittings on hoses so tanks leak into the belly of the camper which has caused the under skirt to fall on the ground...
When this happened was November 1st of 2019 ... dealer sent a serves tec to look at it... I had to pin it back up

Bunk lader for hide away bunk is broken no glue no pins to hold it in place...
Rear toilet is not secure
Drop down cargo door leaks all the way around it is warped has leaked sense day 1
Sliding screen doors screen is torn and plastic on same doors

Inside lights do not work... we have no idea what switch is what and no lights in living room
Crack in side of camper from the top if the main slide into the roof line.. major isue added april 2020
Bathroom lights do not work... no power to lights

Hydrolic Jack's will not gold presure... 3 days and I have to put fluid in... leaks into belly
Shower has screw holes in top that no screws are in and no trim

Rear lader to get on foot has 4 screws in it... not 10 that its drilled for

Rear stop lamps have no screws there caulked on...
Side compartment door under bench seat leaks and rain water comes across living room floor...

Main ac in living room dose not cool... fan runs but no ac...
Trim has fallen down threwout the camper...

Hearland has had this list sense june of 2019...
Rv outlet usa which we hade purchased the camper has told us to deal with hearland... by email... which we have kept...
Hartland then proceeded to get us to take it to camping world... which we did
7 days and we recived a call to come pick it up..
So I arrived at 430pm on a friday may the 8th 2020

Walked threw the camper nothing was done. In fact our kitchen table was disassembled and laying on the bench seat.
The service person I was working with was not working that day and the manager was not in...

Now this has ben a year of trying to get this fixed... we have ben told hearland is working on it.. 8 times now... I feel we have ben exstremly patient... to get this fixed and we are now over 1 year.. but hearland has told us that everything was documented... we can not get anyone to fix it... we live in it part time for work in sc and cannot go without it for months on end... but we also have no responses from heartland.... in the past month...

What would someone else do in this situation... if anyone has advice for this...

And I I will say this ... everyone we have talked to at heartland has ben supper nice... and great... but nothing is being done to fix the isues of a 70k+ camper

camping world

English

The same story for us. We purchased a 2020 ElkRidge 5th Wheel from Camper World. Nothing but problems, contacted Camper World numerous times and spoke to all the Different managers, even took the unit to Camper World in 4 Different Cities, Nothing was done and our list just got longer and longer. Camper World advised us of a recall on our front landing gear and never installed it because the said they did not know how. Finally our Refrigerator stopped working completely. Camper World told us that Heartland wanted to repair it and it would take 4 months. I took the Elkridge to ShawRV in Youngsville NC and Traded it in for a 2021 Bighorn with a working fridge( Less money less time). As ShawRV was prepping our unit to be picked up the put a massive rip in our floor right in front of the reclining seats. They tried to repair it and said the new flooring was from a different lot so they could not repair it, they had to wait to get a different log of flooring, still waiting with a new Trailer and big tear in the floor. The Heartland Bighorn and ShawRV are no different then Camping World, tons of problems and not one has been fixed. The list just keeps getting bigger. This morning I came out of the door of the RV to find a puddle of hydraulic fluid from my trailer jack...... This is a brand new --- Less than 4 months old and ShawRV and Heartland have done nothing to fix any of the issues we have submitted.
Same story as yours.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't read in your post anything about you contacting Heartland.
If you haven't personally contacted Heartland I suggest that you do and explain the issues. It's entirely possible that the dealers never contacted Heartland.
Have your VIN handy when you make the call.
574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

English

Yes Dave contacted the Heartland directly several times, for the New 2020 Heartland Elkridge and the 2021 Bighorn. I have repeatedly had conversations with the Heartland people, caring and supportive, and empathetic, but in the end Nothing has been done. Mean while Hydraulic fluid leaks on the ground of my brand new Bighorn and anyone who comments on it, I am more than happy to tell them that it is band new, not even a year old. Heartland can do all the advertising it wants to, but in the end I travel coast to coast every year and stay at all different types of RV parks in all different Cities across the United States. I am more than happy to share my story with people I come into contact with in these RV camp grounds. Heartland name is proudly displayed right over the top of that poodle of fluid. I have 3 shades in the unit itself that stop working the second week we had the unit. The recliner love seat stopped working and stuck in the extended position it has become unattached from the floor, Shaw RV took pictures and sent it to Heartland after we drove an hour and half one way, and when we got back to our spot Shaw RV called us and said that they needed more pictures. That was at the beginning of January. So we call Heartland and they said they would look into it........
Yeah now its March. Crickets.
By all means please come inside my brand new Bighorn 2021 and look around. The big tear in the floor and damaged counter top that's from the Dealer (to which they said they would replace), the reclining love seat that looks worse than the one on the corner of El Segunda Blvd and North Compton in Los Angles, broken and leaning badly to one side, oh did I mention it still has the factory stickers on it. Have you ever tried to sit in a brand new recliner that is completly extended? So we have to go back outside because there is nowhere to sit, be careful the ruby colored fuild all over the ground as you get out is from the Hydraulic jack holding the unit up. Would love to look out my windows but the blinds are broken, do not work...... Laughable

This brand new RV looks like it been on the road for years - we have towed it 4 times, twice to get Shaw RV for warranty work - NOTHING HAS BEEN FIXED, by Shaw RV by Camping world or by Heartland. Two years of calling and talking and taking pictures. So yes I have contacted Heartland and I have submitted request and to detail that would make for a very long story.

To your point Dave, calling anyone has not fixed anything for both of my NEW 5th wheel Coaches and the word Warranty is completely misused by Hearltand.

rhodies1

As I have stated in a previous post..when the manufacturer (we all know who) has 18 BILLIONS dollars of orders and back orders to fill..your issue is on the bottom of their priority list.No one gives a crap anymore.

LMelvin

Administrator
Yes Dave contacted the Heartland directly several times, for the New 2020 Heartland Elkridge and the 2021 Bighorn. I have repeatedly had conversations with the Heartland people, caring and supportive, and empathetic, but in the end Nothing has been done. Mean while Hydraulic fluid leaks on the ground of my brand new Bighorn and anyone who comments on it, I am more than happy to tell them that it is band new, not even a year old. Heartland can do all the advertising it wants to, but in the end I travel coast to coast every year and stay at all different types of RV parks in all different Cities across the United States. I am more than happy to share my story with people I come into contact with in these RV camp grounds. Heartland name is proudly displayed right over the top of that poodle of fluid. I have 3 shades in the unit itself that stop working the second week we had the unit. The recliner love seat stopped working and stuck in the extended position it has become unattached from the floor, Shaw RV took pictures and sent it to Heartland after we drove an hour and half one way, and when we got back to our spot Shaw RV called us and said that they needed more pictures. That was at the beginning of January. So we call Heartland and they said they would look into it........
Yeah now its March. Crickets.
By all means please come inside my brand new Bighorn 2021 and look around. The big tear in the floor and damaged counter top that's from the Dealer (to which they said they would replace), the reclining love seat that looks worse than the one on the corner of El Segunda Blvd and North Compton in Los Angles, broken and leaning badly to one side, oh did I mention it still has the factory stickers on it. Have you ever tried to sit in a brand new recliner that is completly extended? So we have to go back outside because there is nowhere to sit, be careful the ruby colored fuild all over the ground as you get out is from the Hydraulic jack holding the unit up. Would love to look out my windows but the blinds are broken, do not work...... Laughable

This brand new RV looks like it been on the road for years - we have towed it 4 times, twice to get Shaw RV for warranty work - NOTHING HAS BEEN FIXED, by Shaw RV by Camping world or by Heartland. Two years of calling and talking and taking pictures. So yes I have contacted Heartland and I have submitted request and to detail that would make for a very long story.

To your point Dave, calling anyone has not fixed anything for both of my NEW 5th wheel Coaches and the word Warranty is completely misused by Hearltand.
Hello, can you please send me you VIN# and email address privately so I can look into this issue directly with our CS team. Thank you,

sengli

Quite often it comes down to your dealer. Buying from a discount place out of town is a death sentence as far as warranty coverage is concerned. I am handy and would take care most things, just because I can and have a vested interest in getting them fixed in timely manner. But there is not way I would tackle rotten slide floors. With the current prices I have seen on any of these new units, and the laundry list of defects written about here. Its scary.

English

Thanks for that. Now I have two Jacks that are leaking hydraulic fluid. I have not gotten anywhere. This is the second NEW Heartland RV that I have purchased the has had zero warranty work done to it. Heartland has done nothing, ordering parts and waiting for shipments is understandable, but this is the second NEW unit I have owned and nothing has been done on either one. I traded in the first one because nothing was done on the warranty, now the second one has issues and still nothing. I can bring my 5th Wheel to the manufacture if that would help with shipping? Is it safe to be in a Brand new unit.

LMelvin

Administrator
Thanks for that. Now I have two Jacks that are leaking hydraulic fluid. I have not gotten anywhere. This is the second NEW Heartland RV that I have purchased the has had zero warranty work done to it. Heartland has done nothing, ordering parts and waiting for shipments is understandable, but this is the second NEW unit I have owned and nothing has been done on either one. I traded in the first one because nothing was done on the warranty, now the second one has issues and still nothing. I can bring my 5th Wheel to the manufacture if that would help with shipping? Is it safe to be in a Brand new unit.
It is best to connect with the CS team for they have all your information and are keeping track of the concerns. Please reach out again if you haven't heard from the CS team. Thank you.