Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Basement wall question

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: Basement wall question

Wow, before I went to bed last night I posted my question. I expected a couple answers in a week or so. I was very happy to see several responses this morning.
    Thank you all so much for your input. After I study the links and the various ideas I will probably have more questions, then use a combination of procedures.
    Jim, since we have the twin sister (brother) to your Newport I might have some questions specific to our model. Part of this project will be moving the leveling control panel.
    Thanks again everybody for your helpful advice. Ya all are great!
    Sherman

2. Print this Post   #12
    Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs jbeletti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ORV1980 View Post
    Wow, before I went to bed last night I posted my question. I expected a couple answers in a week or so. I was very happy to see several responses this morning.
    Thank you all so much for your input. After I study the links and the various ideas I will probably have more questions, then use a combination of procedures.
    Jim, since we have the twin sister (brother) to your Newport I might have some questions specific to our model. Part of this project will be moving the leveling control panel.
    Thanks again everybody for your helpful advice. Ya all are great!
    Sherman
    Sherman - you have my number. Call me when you want to chat about specifics to the Newport. Also, take a look at all my photo galleries for the Newport from that link. Just go back up on the file path.
    Jim Beletti

Index of my Sundance 262 RB Modifications

Club membership is free and it's easy to join. Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

3. Print this Post   #13

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I think this is an easy way to accomplish what you need to do.
    https://absupply.net/wb-basic-300-24...oor-24x24.aspx

This is a good idea Gaffer, but it would bring back some bad memories of crawling into walls and above ceilings when i was doing commercial building maintenance. Oh the stories I could tell.
    That is part of the reason my body is in such bad shape.
    Thank you for the idea though.

4. Print this Post   #14

Quote Originally Posted by jbeletti View Post
    Sherman - if you want to open up some additional storage space, check this out: https://beletti.smugmug.com/RV/2018-...pace-Addition/
    Jim,
    the pictures do help a lot, thank you!
    I do have a couple of questions.
    1. There is a picture where you drilled a hole and filled it with silicone when you moved the leveling control panel. Was the hole to give space for the connector on the back of the panel?
    2. You installed a cover over your Fantastic Fan. When I turn on my fantastic fan it raises the lid to 12. All the covers I see are only 9 to 10 tall. Can the hight the lid opens be adjusted?
    I hope that all makes sense.
    Thanks,
    Sherman

5. Print this Post   #15

Jim,
    the pictures do help a lot, thank you!
    I do have a couple of questions.
    1. There is a picture where you drilled a hole and filled it with silicone when you moved the leveling control panel. Was the hole to give space for the connector on the back of the panel?
    2. You installed a cover over your Fantastic Fan. When I turn on my fantastic fan it raises the lid to 12. All the covers I see are only 9 to 10 tall. Can the hight the lid opens be adjusted?
    I hope that all makes sense.
    Thanks,
    Sherman
    Hi Sherman,

1. The hole I drilled in the door was with a Forstner bit and it was to provide space for the connector on the back of the display as the connector was not flush with the back of the case.
    2. I always use the Fantastic UltraBreeze cover. It's made by them for their fan and allows for full opening.
    Jim Beletti

6. Print this Post   #16

Just a quick update.
    I rebuilt the rear basement wall by doing the following: Cut it into 5 sections, Installed 2"x2"s on the floor and ceiling, Installed Velcro on the 2 bys.
    I plan on doing more in this area as i have time, but having the panels easy to remove to get to any section of that area is great.

I have started rebuilding the front wall by removing the wall completely. I am in the process of moving wires and hoses around a bit, and covering holes in the floor. I also have to replace the waste pipe from the toilet because the flange broke and i don't like the repair flange.
    After all that i will build some shelving, just not as fancy as Jim's because all i have for a saw is a saber saw.
    I will post some pictures when it is done if anyone is interested.
    Thanks, Sherman

7. Print this Post   #17

Just a quick update.
    I rebuilt the rear basement wall by doing the following: Cut it into 5 sections, Installed 2"x2"s on the floor and ceiling, Installed Velcro on the 2 bys.
    I plan on doing more in this area as i have time, but having the panels easy to remove to get to any section of that area is great.

I have started rebuilding the front wall by removing the wall completely. I am in the process of moving wires and hoses around a bit, and covering holes in the floor. I also have to replace the waste pipe from the toilet because the flange broke and i don't like the repair flange.
    After all that i will build some shelving, just not as fancy as Jim's because all i have for a saw is a saber saw.
    I will post some pictures when it is done if anyone is interested.
    Thanks, Sherman
    Good progress Sherman! Time to get you a circular saw. Harbor Freight if you're on a budget
    Jim Beletti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2