Basement wall question

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
A while back on 5-3-20, I had posted that I had modified my basement wall by making it a sliding door. Works great and allows me a sturdy, very accessible access to the mechanical equipment. Has rails and has a catch when lifted up, allows you to slide out and remove if want.
Someone moved that post to Exterior Accessed or whatever that is and it was well hid. No one visited so I guessed no one thought it was a good idea. Win a few and lose more. Lol.
One of my comments in that post was that I thought rv manufacturers should consider making that area easy to access from the factory. You should be able to get into that area in a heartbeat if necessary.

We made sliding panels in our previous ElkRidge. Loved it! Our Big Country has too many angles to do that now. Still planning to do a mod sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParkIt

ParkIt - thanks for the kind words on my project. Many went before me and many more after. Most were better jobs than mine but mine worked for me as I'm sure yours does for you. When you get a chance to take them, share your project pics here.
There are a few members that have posted some great mods though the link to your list helps a lot of folks, I've had 7 years to lurk around this place and find some real gems :)
As far as pictures go, I'm terrible about "before" ones and only remember to take "after".
Maybe taping a big piece of paper to the door "BEFORE!" might cure that? lol