Refrigerator Water Supply Leak

Dan54

Was on this sight several weeks ago due to the refrigerator drain line leaking. Have been unable to resolve that issue so we decided to turn off the power so the leakage doesn’t ruin the floor. That works if we don’t have water hooked up & turned on but when turn the water on it starts leaking again even with the fridge turned off. Guess we must have a supply line Leak as well. Can the water be turned off before it comes into the back of the fridge? 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon & Dometic electric/gas fridge. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dan. On my Big Horn 3585, same floor plan, there is a shut off valve located behind the wall in the basement. It is located on the off door side.
You will need to remove the wall to find it.
My water line spring a leak a couple times. I replaced it with a braided stainless refrigerator ice maker water line.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

On a 2011 Landmark, the cutoff valve for the water feed line is behind the UDC. Take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage on the off-door-side. It's pictured on page 11 of our owner-written Winterization User Guide. Yours may not look exactly like the picture, but it should be easy to find.

wdk450

I had repeated pinhole leaks in my icemaker water supply line (fortunately outside the RV interior). I decided that the combination of factors involving the icemaker (water line repeatedly leaking, long time - 2 hours? - to make a tray of ice, loss of useable space in the freezer for the ice bucket) motivated my decision to turn off the icemaker water and power, remove the ice bucket, AND BUY A PORTABLE TABLETOP ICEMAKER LIKE THIS: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Magic-Chef-27-Lb-Capacity-Portable-Countertop-Ice-Maker-Silver/33044145

This icemaker has a water reservoir (no pressurized line), makes a small load of ice about every 12 minutes, keeps making ice until a sensor senses it is full of ice. I keep mine on the floor near the entry door. I have even run it on the road during very hot days with a power inverter I have installed. Right now I am a fulltimer in California, use the icemaker every day, and it has served me well.

sengli

WDK450 has the right idea. With the constant threads on here about water leaks, damaged lines, rotted floors due to the ice maker lines. I wasnt going to take a chance. I removed all the plumbing for mine and completely disconnected it.

Dan54

Thanks all for the good info. I’ll take a look in the basement this weekend when we’re at the campground. Need to do something, hate to take it in for service in the middle of the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk