New Pioneer Owner

Deason4

Alabama Chapter Leaders
Hey everyone! We were tent campers, then popup owners, and have now purchased our first travel trailer, the Pioneer BH250. We live in central Alabama. We are new to the scene so if anyone has any suggestions for your “must haves” I am open to any and all advice. I did purchase a sewer hose, fresh water hose, and stuff to clean and deodorize the tanks. I probably went overboard on that stuff and have no idea how to use any of it yet, so our first trip will be quite the adventure! I hope you are all doing well and I hope to see some of you along the way!

Josh, Shawn, Liz (6), Olivia (4)
8831262bac19d6b7112a5b25798b8c62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisandsama

Welcome to the forum! Pick up a water pressure regulator to connect to the city water inlet. Some campgrounds have seriously high water pressure, more than our plumbing is designed for.

Flick

Welcome. Most of the things you’ll need you’ll find that you don’t have on the first trip out. Include things like hand tools, wheel chocks, jacks and lug wrenches to change a flat and things in general that make life on the road easier. You’ll come up with your own list.
Most importantly, take a day to know your camper. Study your plumbing, your 12v and 120v circuits and know where your breakers and fuses are. Have extra fuses and understand how to replace them. Study your gfci plugs and know what other plugs they feed. One will trip and plugs will go dead. Become familiar with every light switch in your camper and what lights they operate. Operate your cooktop and see what makes it work. Same with refrigerator, ac and when camping in the winter, know your furnace. Water heaters can be confusing for some especially when there’s no hot water. Understand your propane system. So you get my point. There should be nothing on your camper that you haven’t studied or at the very least, know where they are and what makes them tick. And perhaps most important, document all that you discover by writing down model numbers or explaining what access panel needs to be removed to get to the water pump, etc.
Enjoy your camper. Knowing your camper will make life on the road fun and less stressful.

jerryjay11

I found it to be handy to carry an extra length of sewer hose just in case one gets torn or as I have come across several times the campground sewer connection is just a bit too far away.