Closet light switch - Newport

ILH

One of the deficiencies we've noticed is the placement of the closet light switch. If you're in the front bathroom and want to enter the closet, you have to go back to the bedroom to turn on the closet light. The closet light switch should be closer to the closet.

Kathi-27

we put a motion sensor switch in closet and leave main switch on all the time. got it on amazon. punch in rgbzone pir-8 should come right up

danemayer

landmarks have a multi plex lighting system don't think you can wire in a switch

The KIB control boards at the bottom of this diagram switch the power to lights and other things. If you add the new switch to the dashed red line in the lower right, between the control board and the light, I think you could interrupt power to the light. But the KIB switch would have to be ON all the time for your new switch to work. The wire from control board to light could be interrupted either near the light fixture, or as the wire comes off the control board.

Location of the KIB switches are irrelevant as they don't supply power directly to the light fixture.

KIB Component Block Diagram 2.jpg

Kathi-27

The KIB control boards at the bottom of this diagram switch the power to lights and other things. If you add the new switch to the dashed red line in the lower right, between the control board and the light, I think you could interrupt power to the light. But the KIB switch would have to be ON all the time for your new switch to work. The wire from control board to light could be interrupted either near the light fixture, or as the wire comes off the control board.

Location of the KIB switches are irrelevant as they don't supply power directly to the light fixture.

View attachment 64418
you are right cause thats how i wired the motion sensor in was right before the light fixture and leave the main switch on all the time

jbeletti

One of the deficiencies we've noticed is the placement of the closet light switch. If you're in the front bathroom and want to enter the closet, you have to go back to the bedroom to turn on the closet light. The closet light switch should be closer to the closet.

Ian - I can't disagree with your assessment of this Front Closet light switch in your front bathroom layout. All other Landmarks with a front closet, don't have a bathroom between the bedroom and the closet. So it appears that Heartland us using the same KIB programming for all "front closet" models. Hence, the switch is always in the bedroom. No excuse - just explaining why I think it's done this way.

That said, if you want ideas - here one: https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...-Modifications?p=575499&viewfull=1#post575499