Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Closet light switch - Newport

  1. Print this Post   #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CAN - ON
    Posts
    893

    Closet light switch - Newport

    One of the deficiencies we've noticed is the placement of the closet light switch. If you're in the front bathroom and want to enter the closet, you have to go back to the bedroom to turn on the closet light. The closet light switch should be closer to the closet.

    --
    Ian & Linda Hubling
    2018 RAM Limited 3500HD Diesel DRW
    2020 Landmark Newport
    HOC - 2290

    Rallies:
    2020 - Sept - Niagara Falls Ontario Campout
    2018 - June - Cherry Valley Ontario
    2018 - June - Verona NY
    2016 - June - Sherkston Shores Ontario
    2015 - August - Verona, NY
    2015 - June - Goshen - Heartland National Rally
    2015 - June - McGregor Ontario
    2014 - June - Niagara Falls Ontario
    2013 - July - Verona NY

  2. Print this Post   #2
    Senior Member Kathi-27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA - GA
    Posts
    425

    Re: Closet light switch - Newport

    we put a motion sensor switch in closet and leave main switch on all the time. got it on amazon. punch in rgbzone pir-8 should come right up
    Ron and Kathi Ludwig

  3. Print this Post   #3
    Senior Member Oregon_Camper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA - OR
    Posts
    2,265

    Re: Closet light switch - Newport

    Add a wireless switch. Best $30 you'll spend. We have this in our bedroom...works great....even allows you dim lights.

    https://amzn.to/3emwNJK

  4. Print this Post   #4
    Senior Member Kathi-27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA - GA
    Posts
    425

    Re: Closet light switch - Newport

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon_Camper View Post
    Add a wireless switch. Best $30 you'll spend. We have this in our bedroom...works great....even allows you dim lights.

    https://amzn.to/3emwNJK
    landmarks have a multi plex lighting system don't think you can wire in a switch
    Ron and Kathi Ludwig

  5. Print this Post   #5
    Moderator danemayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA - CO
    Posts
    19,910

    Re: Closet light switch - Newport

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi-27 View Post
    landmarks have a multi plex lighting system don't think you can wire in a switch
    The KIB control boards at the bottom of this diagram switch the power to lights and other things. If you add the new switch to the dashed red line in the lower right, between the control board and the light, I think you could interrupt power to the light. But the KIB switch would have to be ON all the time for your new switch to work. The wire from control board to light could be interrupted either near the light fixture, or as the wire comes off the control board.

    Location of the KIB switches are irrelevant as they don't supply power directly to the light fixture.

    KIB Component Block Diagram 2.jpg


    Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • Goodyear G114 17.5" tires
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

    2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Sailun Terramax A/T 4S, 235/80R -17. 5 Tires
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS


    Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

    Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

  6. Print this Post   #6
    Senior Member Kathi-27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA - GA
    Posts
    425

    Re: Closet light switch - Newport

    Quote Originally Posted by danemayer View Post
    The KIB control boards at the bottom of this diagram switch the power to lights and other things. If you add the new switch to the dashed red line in the lower right, between the control board and the light, I think you could interrupt power to the light. But the KIB switch would have to be ON all the time for your new switch to work. The wire from control board to light could be interrupted either near the light fixture, or as the wire comes off the control board.

    Location of the KIB switches are irrelevant as they don't supply power directly to the light fixture.

    KIB Component Block Diagram 2.jpg
    you are right cause thats how i wired the motion sensor in was right before the light fixture and leave the main switch on all the time
    Ron and Kathi Ludwig

  7. Print this Post   #7
    Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs jbeletti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA - TX
    Posts
    19,271

    Re: Closet light switch - Newport

    Quote Originally Posted by ILH View Post
    One of the deficiencies we've noticed is the placement of the closet light switch. If you're in the front bathroom and want to enter the closet, you have to go back to the bedroom to turn on the closet light. The closet light switch should be closer to the closet.
    Ian - I can't disagree with your assessment of this Front Closet light switch in your front bathroom layout. All other Landmarks with a front closet, don't have a bathroom between the bedroom and the closet. So it appears that Heartland us using the same KIB programming for all "front closet" models. Hence, the switch is always in the bedroom. No excuse - just explaining why I think it's done this way.

    That said, if you want ideas - here one: https://heartlandowners.org/showthre...l=1#post575499
    Jim Beletti


    Index of my Sundance 262 RB Modifications

    Club membership is free and it's easy to join. Click here to learn more

    Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides





Similar Threads

  1. 2017 Landmark Newport closet doors crash
    By TrailCreek in forum Landmark - Modifications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2017, 04:29 AM
  2. Video of new motion detection light for light switches in closet.
    By GETnBYE in forum Modifications (General)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-15-2015, 11:59 PM
  3. Moved Light switch out of coat closet
    By FARMER45 in forum Modifications (General)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 09:43 PM
  4. Bedroom closet light switch - Placement
    By Gary F in forum 12 volt DC
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 01:26 PM
  5. Bedroom closet light switch - Placement
    By Gary F in forum Bighorn - Modifications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 09:09 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •