Haloview camera blacking out

Gill

I have a 2017 Ram 2500 and a 2015 Torque 325SS camper. Wired the camera to the upper rear marker lights on the camper. Camera blacks out momentarily every time I hit the brakes. Usually comes right back on. I have to cut the camera off and back on if it doesn't come back on. Had my son hit the brakes and I watched the lights. They slightly dim when the brakes are on but never go out.

Flick

I have a 2017 Ram 2500 and a 2015 Torque 325SS camper. Wired the camera to the upper rear marker lights on the camper. Camera blacks out momentarily every time I hit the brakes. Usually comes right back on. I have to cut the camera off and back on if it doesn't come back on. Had my son hit the brakes and I watched the lights. They slightly dim when the brakes are on but never go out.

I would suggest taking a voltage reading in that area with the truck running and camera on. Be sure to check the voltage at the lights where you’re getting power. The tolerance for most cameras I think is a minimum of 10v but that’s pretty low. You may have to temporarily rig a hot wire from your battery to the camera to see if that stops the problem. If all voltage checks out ok, you may have to add an antenna on an extension cable because even though the cameras have a long distance they can transmit, anything that gets in the line of sight cuts into that distance.

Gill

Thanks for the reply. I'll check the voltage like you suggested. I know the power supply is getting interrupted. Pulled it nearly 600 miles in May and it blacked out every time I hit the brakes and only when I hit the brakes.

jerryjay11

I suggest you check your ground connections. I've had similar issues with boat and camper trailer and found it to be a weak ground. Your lights shouldn't dim if all connections are tight.

Gill

I would suggest taking a voltage reading in that area with the truck running and camera on. Be sure to check the voltage at the lights where you’re getting power. The tolerance for most cameras I think is a minimum of 10v but that’s pretty low. You may have to temporarily rig a hot wire from your battery to the camera to see if that stops the problem. If all voltage checks out ok, you may have to add an antenna on an extension cable because even though the cameras have a long distance they can transmit, anything that gets in the line of sight cuts into that distance.

Voltage was the problem. Only had around 10.5 volts. Tapped onto the hot wire that raises the beds and put a toggle switch for it. Working good now.

Flick

Voltage was the problem. Only had around 10.5 volts. Tapped onto the hot wire that raises the beds and put a toggle switch for it. Working good now.

Thats great. If you haven’t, I’d suggest to put an appropriate size inline fuse (whatever size the camera requires) to cover a possible short from the camera. Although the bed lift motor is fused, the fuse is much higher amp than the camera. Have a good one.