2020 gmc tpms

Malbro66

Hi to all,

I'm new to this Heartland forum. I recently purchased a 2014 Big Horn 3570RS and 2020 GMC 2500hd to pull it. The GMC comes with a trailer option that allows you to display TPMS for your trailer/camper. Has anyone had any luck with aftermarket sensors and what brand did you use?

Thanks in advance.

-Shawn

zolman

You have to use the sensors from GMTrailer Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor Package Part No. : 84338125

They came with my 2020 GMC Denali. I took off two trailer tires at a time and had Discount Tire put in the GMC sensors. I tried to program them but it kept timing out. Luckily my GMC dealer had a big enough lot for me to bring my 40' trailer and he programmed them at no charge.

It is awesome to monitor the trailer tire status from the truck. It works great for me. The only weird thing is that the GM sensors will only allow the tire pressure to be set at Max 100lbs. My Saliun tires call for 110lbs. But it still works fine.

I totally recommend the new GM trailering package. The multiple cameras have changed the way I drive my trailer. I don't use the mirrors anymore, just the cameras. And the trailer/truck hookup is brainless cause you can see everything.

Last edited:

Malbro66

You have to use the sensors from GMTrailer Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor Package Part No. : 84338125

They came with my 2020 GMC Denali. I took off two trailer tires at a time and had Discount Tire put in the GMC sensors. I tried to program them but it kept timing out. Luckily my GMC dealer had a big enough lot for me to bring my 40' trailer and he programmed them at no charge.

It is awesome to monitor the trailer tire status from the truck. It works great for me. The only weird thing is that the GM sensors will only allow the tire pressure to be set at Max 100lbs. My Saliun tires call for 110lbs. But it still works fine.

I totally recommend the new GM trailering package. The multiple cameras have changed the way I drive my trailer. I don't use the mirrors anymore, just the cameras. I the trailer/truck hookup is brainless cause you can see everything.

Thank you Zoltan for the information. I will contact my local dealer tomorrow and order.

I love the camera system as well. Especially like the side view all the way down the side of the trailer when you put the blinker on.

I believe either 2 or 4 should have come with the trailering package. Mine did, but I can't remember how many because I had to order more for two 3-axle trailers . . .. I took the trailer to Les Schwab and had them install all 6. Also bought a little device to help synch them.

Malbro66

I believe either 2 or 4 should have come with the trailering package. Mine did, but I can't remember how many because I had to order more for two 3-axle trailers . . .. I took the trailer to Les Schwab and had them install all 6. Also bought a little device to help synch them.

Thanks! Should be installing dealer ones this week.