Kitchen grey tank plugged - help!!

Mrsfish

We have an issue with our kitchen grey tank. 5 days ago we dumped everything. Did not use kitchen sink for 2 days except for very minor use. Day 3 when using kitchen sink the sink backed up. Dumped all tanks and while the black and shower grey drained fine the kitchen grey drained very little (especially for a ‘full’ tank). Next day after traveling we had the most awful smell when we opened the rig up and the tank was still registering 2/3 full. Replaced Air admittance valve with a new Studor valve, dumped gallon of boiling water mixed with 1/2 cup dawn down kitchen sink and traveled again. Landed at new site - smell is gone (hurray!) but now grey shows full. We know this could be just a sensor issue - EXCEPT that when running water in the sink we get gurgelly back splash. We believe we have a blockage. So.....question - on our 3010re Bighorn - does the washer/dryer (which we don’t have) vent to the shower or to the galley grey tank?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
In my rig the wash machine drains into the shower/wash basin tank.
You may have a clog due to some construction debris that finally started to move in your tank.
You can get a screw on adapter that will attach to your drain, where you hook up your sewer hose, that has a garden hose fitting on it and that will allow you to back flush your tank.
If there it's an obstruction that might clear it.

Peace
Dave

Mrsfish

In my rig the wash machine drains into the shower/wash basin tank.
You may have a clog due to some construction debris that finally started to move in your tank.
You can get a screw on adapter that will attach to your drain, where you hook up your sewer hose, that has a garden hose fitting on it and that will allow you to back flush your tank.
If there it's an obstruction that might clear it.

Peace
Dave

we have that and are going to try today. The 3 things that have been suggested by a tank cleaning company are 1- the back flush valve at the drain 2- putting a hose down the galley(kitchen) sink vent pipe and 3 - plunger.

danemayer

On floor plans where the washer is in the very front, and the shower is up front, and the galley is mid-ships, I think you'd expect the washer and shower to drain into the same gray tank.

Mrsfish

Follow up. Replaced Studor valve - now no smell. Back flushed all tanks with King Flush. We were able to back flush 40 gal into the galley grey. Then, after flushing again, we put 40 gal down the sink with a hose. So...the good news is there is no blockage and the tank is not full. Looks like we have a sensor mis reading - will travel tomorrow with 20 gal in the tank, some pinesol and calgone. But it means i can wash in my sink now!!