2012 San Antonio Wireless Lock

chaiden66

Has anyone changed the battery on the wireless lock before? I'm not sure how to remove the keypad from the coach without damage to either. I'm also curious if anyone knows where the receiver component is located.

It's the Southco wireless lock from the factory.

danemayer

You have to pry the lock keypad off of the wall. The screws for the battery compartment are conveniently located on the backside. The receiver is located inside the entry door, just under the window.

Most of these Southco locks burned through batteries in a year or less. I recall a Southco rep being amazed that mine was still working at 2 years. But it didn't work much longer after changing the battery. And fixing it was a pain. The new keypad wouldn't sync to the receiver. They sent me another receiver and neither old nor new keypad would sync with it either. They then sent me a keypad and receiver that they had synced before sending. That got it working for a while.

Then RV Lock had a special offer and I replaced the lock and abandoned the Southco stuff.

If you get your Southco stuff working, used automotive double-sided fender tape to stick it back on the wall.