RESOLVED - No power to Control panel

AnthonyA

Need a little guidance here. Both my LCD and control panel for lights have no power.
Currently, I can not turn the interior lights on or off.
I have 14.9 volts coming in to the LCD panel but it does not power up.
The wires that feed the control panel for the lights have power but I have not tested to see if its getting to the panel.
None of the light switches in the RV work or light up.
The rocker switch in the bathroom for the sink light doesn't work either.
I have checked the 50 and 80 amp fuses and they have not tripped.
Any chance that a Dead LCD Level Up panel could cause this?
6eb0d5da473d25fce5165a4b78e8f5e0.jpg
d61143291bcea86c6554d73973226c93.jpg

Last edited:

danemayer

Re: No power to Control panel

Hi Anthony,

Our KIB Multi-Plex Control System user guide may help you figure this out. It's in this folder.

The Convenience Control Panel and Point-of-Use switches, and the boards that provide power to the lights and other devices all use a 3 wire buss. One wire is power (nominal 12V DC), a second wire is ground, and the third wire carries signals from the switches to the relay and FET boards.

Do any of the Point-of-Use switches work?

AnthonyA

Hi Anthony,

Our KIB Multi-Plex Control System user guide may help you figure this out. It's in this folder.

The Convenience Control Panel and Point-of-Use switches, and the boards that provide power to the lights and other devices all use a 3 wire buss. One wire is power (nominal 12V DC), a second wire is ground, and the third wire carries signals from the switches to the relay and FET boards.

Do any of the Point-of-Use switches work?

Hi,

None of the switches work to the lights. The board does not light up either. There is also a small lcd screen that shows the tank levels, that does not power up either.
I saw the blue remote wire and wondered if there was a relay that regulated it.

I forgot to mention that none of the light switches work or light up. in the RV.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

danemayer

14.9 volts is odd. Use your Levelup Control Panel to see what voltage is getting to the Levelup controller.

Check your front compartment to ensure your 80 amp breaker hasn't tripped. And of course make sure both battery cutoffs are ON. Check the manual reset 50 amp mini-circuit breaker on the buss bar.

AnthonyA

14.9 volts is odd. Use your Levelup Control Panel to see what voltage is getting to the Levelup controller.

Check your front compartment to ensure your 80 amp breaker hasn't tripped. And of course make sure both battery cutoffs are ON. Check the manual reset 50 amp mini-circuit breaker on the buss bar.
The LCD Display that shows my voltage and videos for my rig is the one that is dead.
I have checked all the fuses/ breakers up front and all is in order.
I updated my post with a couple of pictures and info.

danemayer

If both the KIB and LCI panels are dead, and the rocker switch in the bathroom is dead, it sounds like a general loss of 12V power. I'm assuming you're connected to shore power.

Do your thermostats have power? Is the air conditioning working? Can you retract a slide?

AnthonyA

If both the KIB and LCI panels are dead, and the rocker switch in the bathroom is dead, it sounds like a general loss of 12V power. I'm assuming you're connected to shore power.

Do your thermostats have power? Is the air conditioning working? Can you retract a slide?
Yes, all those are working which is why I am stumped. I read 14.8V to 14.9V coming in to LCI panel. I have power coming into to the light switch panel (KIB) Awhich is why I suspected some kind of relay/remote connected to the blue wire?

danemayer

For a DC appliance to work, you need power and ground. If you have power, perhaps the ground is a problem. You might take the cover off the fuse box and check the ground connections there.

Also, do you know the location of the KIB FET and Relay Boards? They're behind a cover panel, probably inside a cabinet or perhaps a closet or pantry. There are fuses on those boards.

AnthonyA

For a DC appliance to work, you need power and ground. If you have power, perhaps the ground is a problem. You might take the cover off the fuse box and check the ground connections there.

Also, do you know the location of the KIB FET and Relay Boards? They're behind a cover panel, probably inside a cabinet or perhaps a closet or pantry. There are fuses on those boards.
I do not. I opened the KIB panel looking for something with fuses and saw nothing.
Also, I am not a 100% sure what I am looking for. Do you have a picture?

danemayer

I do not. I opened the KIB panel looking for something with fuses and saw nothing.
Also, I am not a 100% sure what I am looking for. Do you have a picture?

KIB Multi-Plex user guide in this folder. Pictures, diagrams, etc. Location of control boards varies by floor plan. On new coaches, they are located behind a panel in the pass through basement storage. Earlier builds, they're somewhere inside.

AnthonyA

KIB Multi-Plex user guide in this folder. Pictures, diagrams, etc. Location of control boards varies by floor plan. On new coaches, they are located behind a panel in the pass through basement storage. Earlier builds, they're somewhere inside.
Got it! Turned out it was a fuse on the Relay Board. Thanks again for all the help!