Low water pressure from Kitchen Sink

cmalberto

Hey guys - still shaking down the 2020 Elkridge 38MB. My list is growing but mainly little things. I thought I would ask about the low water pressure coming from the Kitchen Sink. Hot/Cold or both...it seems very slow compared to the bathroom sink and shower. We run about 35-40 pounds of pressure into the RV. Just surprised how long it would take to fill a cup of water or anything from the kitchen sink and wondering if there is anything I can look at. I checked and will check again to see that there is not a kink in the faucet hose under the sink. Attaching a picture of the water coming out.

Attachments

• IMG_1145.jpg
    IMG_1145.jpg
    668.1 KB · Views: 45

Flick

Hey guys - still shaking down the 2020 Elkridge 38MB. My list is growing but mainly little things. I thought I would ask about the low water pressure coming from the Kitchen Sink. Hot/Cold or both...it seems very slow compared to the bathroom sink and shower. We run about 35-40 pounds of pressure into the RV. Just surprised how long it would take to fill a cup of water or anything from the kitchen sink and wondering if there is anything I can look at. I checked and will check again to see that there is not a kink in the faucet hose under the sink. Attaching a picture of the water coming out.

Yep. That’s a little slow. Try the simple things first. The faucet has an aerator that sometimes can get clogged with junk from the factory that was in the lines. Try getting the aerator off. May need a special little tool. But clean it out.
Don't know you if you have cutoffs under the sink. If you do, check them for trash.
If all this is good, trace backwards for potential problems. I doubt kinks are your problem because pex line generally won’t kink.
By the way, try kicking up your pressure 10 to 15 psi. Probably won’t help your kitchen problem, but in my opinion 35 to 40 psi is a little low.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

While still hooked to City water turn on the water pump and see it the pump helps with your pressure.
I run both when at a park with low pressure.
It won't solve your problem but you will know a little more about it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

chiefneon

Howdy!

I had the same problem from the gitgo when we purchase our Cyclone. The dealership Camping World did little to fix the problem. I finally fix it myself by replacing the faucet for one a Lowe’s.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

jmarnell

We had low pressure in our kitchen faucet too. I found the culprit was a flow restrictor disk in the aerator. It's there as a water saving feature but is overkill for the RV. You might check your faucet aerator and see if there is a flat disk with a small hole in the center. Taking that out of the aerator solved the problem for us.

cmalberto

Yep. That’s a little slow. Try the simple things first. The faucet has an aerator that sometimes can get clogged with junk from the factory that was in the lines. Try getting the aerator off. May need a special little tool. But clean it out.
Don't know you if you have cutoffs under the sink. If you do, check them for trash.
If all this is good, trace backwards for potential problems. I doubt kinks are your problem because pex line generally won’t kink.
By the way, try kicking up your pressure 10 to 15 psi. Probably won’t help your kitchen problem, but in my opinion 35 to 40 psi is a little low.

Thanks for the ideas...no cut offs under sink :( interesting as they put 2 unions on the hot and cold sides...I will probably unscrew the faucet at the and see if there is any trash in the fittings. If I could see how to take off the faucet head, I would...maybe there is a restrictor in there. As far was the kink I was referring to the faucet head that pulls out...doubt there would ever be a kink in the Pex or there would be real world issues:). As far as pressure goes, I usually do run around 45-50 but since this was a new unit I lowered for a bit. Interesting that the Anderson Valve on the water input says 100lbs max...I liked to have fallen over when I read that.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Howdy!

I had the same problem from the gitgo when we purchase our Cyclone. The dealership Camping World did little to fix the problem. I finally fix it myself by replacing the faucet for one a Lowe’s.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

That will be my plan B - I still have a trip back to the dealer when my ordered parts arrive(dents in fridge door). I will most likely add to the list.

- - - Updated - - -

We had low pressure in our kitchen faucet too. I found the culprit was a flow restrictor disk in the aerator. It's there as a water saving feature but is overkill for the RV. You might check your faucet aerator and see if there is a flat disk with a small hole in the center. Taking that out of the aerator solved the problem for us.

How did you get the aerator off me wonders?

P.S....I like how my 3 responses all got grouped together...that were done at 3 different times...nice Mr. Forum Software.

Flick

Thanks for the ideas...no cut offs under sink :( interesting as they put 2 unions on the hot and cold sides...I will probably unscrew the faucet at the and see if there is any trash in the fittings. If I could see how to take off the faucet head, I would...maybe there is a restrictor in there. As far was the kink I was referring to the faucet head that pulls out...doubt there would ever be a kink in the Pex or there would be real world issues:). As far as pressure goes, I usually do run around 45-50 but since this was a new unit I lowered for a bit. Interesting that the Anderson Valve on the water input says 100lbs max...I liked to have fallen over when I read that.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

That will be my plan B - I still have a trip back to the dealer when my ordered parts arrive(dents in fridge door). I will most likely add to the list.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S....I like how my 3 responses all got grouped together...that were done at 3 different times...nice Mr. Forum Software.

If you haven’t figured out the aerator removal yet, may want to take a good picture of it. Take the picture to Ace or a box store or plumbing supply house and get the little tool for removal. They’re generally a few bucks. They’ll be able to help.

danemayer

When taking it apart,

1. Cover the drain so parts that are dropped are easily retrieved.
2. Lay the parts out in order removed, in the same orientation. Take a picture on your phone before doing anything else. Then if you disturb them or get confused, you have a reference.

cmalberto

All good suggestions - especially covering up the (oh crap now I am taking apart the plumbing) drain before removing anything.

SLO

Every kitchen faucet with a pull out hose has a check valve installed (it’s code). Sometimes they’re in the spray head (where hose connects), sometimes where the spray hose connects under the faucet body (up under kitchen sink). Removing the check valve can solve a lot of low flow problems. I removed mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cmalberto

Every kitchen faucet with a pull out hose has a check valve installed (it’s code). Sometimes they’re in the spray head (where hose connects), sometimes where the spray hose connects under the faucet body (up under kitchen sink). Removing the check valve can solve a lot of low flow problems. I removed mine.

I remember seeing something like that where the faucet hose connects. I will put an eyeball on that when I get back to the RV next week.

All good ideas to check out.

Johnston1107

If you removed yours where was it ?

SLO

If you removed yours where was it ?

Ok. That’s a good question. It was about 5 years ago I removed it. I’ve removed so many of them over the years (I was a plumbing contractor) and I cant remember where it was on the BH faucet. Thought I think it was in the inlet to the spray head.

mtnmamma

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

we got the aerator off how do you open it to remove the flat disk?

mtnmamma

We pulled off the sprayer part and in the top part of the sprayer, I removed 3 discs. A little silver flat star shaped one and two plastic ones. Now it works great 😊