2019 Fuel 305 rim psi

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You should find some information molded into the backside off a rim. On a spoke if you have spokes.

Peace
Dave

ctrenary

You should find some information molded into the backside off a rim. On a spoke if you have spokes.

Peace
Dave

I don't see a PSI rating but the max load is 3200 pounds. The tires I am looking at are 110 max PSI. Some people are saying you can upgrade the valve stem and run max PSI as long as you don't go over the max load. Others say to check with the rim manufacturer. Does anyone know who makes the rims on the FUEL 305?

danemayer

I don't see a PSI rating but the max load is 3200 pounds. The tires I am looking at are 110 max PSI. Some people are saying you can upgrade the valve stem and run max PSI as long as you don't go over the max load. Others say to check with the rim manufacturer. Does anyone know who makes the rims on the FUEL 305?

NOPE.

3200 pounds would roughly equate to 80 psi. For 110 PSI, you'd need rims rated for 3750 pounds. If you put LR G tires on and inflate to 110 PSI, bad things could happen. And if you or someone is standing there filling the tire when a bad thing happens, it would be very bad.

So you know, sometimes rims develop cracks and leak, even with correct tires and inflation. How'd you like to be 150 miles from the next town and have a cracked rim leaking air. Or two.

Flick

Anyone know what psi the rims are rated at? Looking at upgrading tires that have a max psi of 110.

I’ll preface this by saying I know very little about the Fuel 305.
I doubt if you could or would want to run G rated tires on a coach that light. Just a thought.

ctrenary

Thanks for the replies. I’ll just look for a better tire than the cheap Chinese tires that it came with that are rated for 80 PSI. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
ST235/80R16

Flick

Thanks for the replies. I’ll just look for a better tire than the cheap Chinese tires that it came with that are rated for 80 PSI. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
ST235/80R16

In an 80 psi tire, I think, according to consumer reviews, the Goodyear Endurance is a quality tire. Hopefully someone will chime in. My daughter put them on her coach when it was new and they’ve served her well. Her rig is now 4 years old and she’ll replace them again next year.