Onboard Generator Exhaust exit location

2TrakR

In process of installing an Onan 5500 into our Cyclone. Where does your exhaust pipe exit and do you wish it were in a different direction?

If I run the pipe out the drivers side, it will be directly under our bedroom slide.
Out the passenger side puts it close to where we sit under the awning, so that's no good.
Considering running it out the drivers side, by putting an extension on it so it exits closer to the furnace vents, which would be about half way between the bedroom slide and the kitchen slide. Could always do this afterwards if we find we don't like it coming out right below our head.

Will need a new CO detector in the bedroom either way. Do not plan to add the camco stack option, though it's a neat idea.

Tool958

In process of installing an Onan 5500 into our Cyclone. Where does your exhaust pipe exit and do you wish it were in a different direction?

If I run the pipe out the drivers side, it will be directly under our bedroom slide.
Out the passenger side puts it close to where we sit under the awning, so that's no good.
Considering running it out the drivers side, by putting an extension on it so it exits closer to the furnace vents, which would be about half way between the bedroom slide and the kitchen slide. Could always do this afterwards if we find we don't like it coming out right below our head.

Will need a new CO detector in the bedroom either way. Do not plan to add the camco stack option, though it's a neat idea.

Ours comes out under the bedroom slide from the factory. We bought the Camco Gen-turi generator exhaust extender. It puts the exhaust up and over the roof, to get it away from the living space. I did have to get the extender for the Gen-turi to clear the roofline. Works great. It also helps quiet the exhaust sound. Here is a link for it. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44461-...rator+exhaust+extension&qid=1595872588&sr=8-2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

david-steph2018

On our 2018 Road Warrior it exit under the bedroom slide, same as the Cyclone. Whenever we have to run the generator it has been during the day so the exhaust has not been an issue for us.
I am looking at getting an exhaust extension in case we need to run at night some time. Wish they had come up with a different placement for exhaust on this floor plan.

Tool958

After thinking about it a little more, ours actually comes out underneath the cargo door, which is off to the right side of the bedroom pushout. The exhaust doesn’t actually come out directly under the slide, but decided it was still too close to the slide, to sleep over while running. The Gen-Turi solves that problem and is easy to install and take off. We’ve used it for several years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Ours comes out under the bedroom slide. We run the generator all of the time both day and night. The exhaust has never been an issue. I doubt you would have any problems in that location.

Flick

There’s a reason why Heartland puts the exhaust where it is. It’s probably the safest place otherwise they could be liable. We also occasionally run ours while we sleep and don’t give it a second thought.
If I were to install one in a unit, I would spec it as the factory does unless the exhaust could go straight up.

esscobra

I installed the 7k fuel injected onan myself- I made up a template of pvc and took to local exhaust shop and had them duplicate -I needed to run the genturi system and exiting under slide was no option - If you've ever been in tight park or race track you will move from under slide and get genturi over 800 hrs and no issues - many times with genturi attached for 4 days running 24/7- onan documentation says not too long or too many bends - but happen to have cummins/onan shop 5 min from house- the shop forman whose been there 30+ years said its not an issue and and the gens will let you know by shutting downex4.jpgex3.jpgex2.jpgex1.jpg14.jpg

hoefler

When I install our generator, I ran the pipe all the way to the right rear corner by the ladder. I use the GenTuri and have never had a problem running thegenerator 24/7.

carl.swoyer

I installed the 7k fuel injected onan myself- I made up a template of pvc and took to local exhaust shop and had them duplicate -I needed to run the genturi system and exiting under slide was no option - If you've ever been in tight park or race track you will move from under slide and get genturi over 800 hrs and no issues - many times with genturi attached for 4 days running 24/7- onan documentation says not too long or too many bends - but happen to have cummins/onan shop 5 min from house- the shop forman whose been there 30+ years said its not an issue and and the gens will let you know by shutting downView attachment 64537View attachment 64538View attachment 64539View attachment 64540View attachment 64541
I installed mine the same as yours. However I kept it closer to the frame.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk