Best 14 inch tires for 2018 2185 Wilderness trailer

AUMAN

Recently purchased 2018 2185RB Wilderness 29' and feel I need to upgrade tires for best safety. Will someone please advise me on their opinion of best choice tires for my trailer.
I posted earlier in a different area and did not get a response as to best choice . Thank you, Mike

Kbvols

I would recommend Maxxis trailer tires. I have used them on prior fifth wheel and on boat trailers. I have always gotten very good service from them and they are reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rhodies1

Recently purchased 2018 2185RB Wilderness 29' and feel I need to upgrade tires for best safety. Will someone please advise me on their opinion of best choice tires for my trailer.
I posted earlier in a different area and did not get a response as to best choice . Thank you, Mike

You can also look at Goodyear Endurance but stay away from ANY Chinese made tire,,,,they are nothing but a problem.

LBR

Last time I looked, Sailun tires were coming from China and they have a great reputation.
Yes...I will rock Sailuns until they're either not available, or quality diminishes to the point RVrs start having issues with them.

Actually, the Westlake tires that came on our 2450FB are highly rated by customers on E-trailer.com. That said, the service manager where we bought the trailer recommended that we replace the tires after 2 years, regardless of tire wear. We waited 3 yrs., had no problems until we ran over a nail on our last trip, so we replaced the tires with Carlisle tires that have good reviews also, and Discount Tires was able to install them at no extra charge on the trailer. All that said, here are two big issues:1. Be fanatical about checking and adjusting tire pressure before every trip. 2. Purchase a good TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System). I purchased the TST-507-RV-4-C system and it has been worth every penny. Returning from our last outing, we ran over a nail and the system immediately sounded a 'Low Pressure' warning indicating the driver side rear axle tire. I was able to reduce speed, pull into a nearby Walmart parking lot, put on the spare and we were safely back on the road in 30 minutes. I would not be without the safety and piece of mind provided by a good TPMS.