Sink Protector - 2020 Newport

ILH

I'm looking for a sink protector - one of those stainless steel grids that goes into the bottom of the sink. I can't seem to find one that fits the Lippert sink that is in our 2020 Newport (model 389910). I'm guessing this model of Lippert sink has been used on several model years - has anybody found a sink protector for their sink? If so, where did you find it? Thanks.

Picture is as an example only.

61hvaqrPLVL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

ILH

We use a plastic one and cut it down to size and found it at Lowe's or Wally World. We have the farm house sink.

Thanks - we've had to do that as an interim measure - still looking for the good quality metal ones. Unfortunately, because the sink is a Lippert, it is a unique size.

jbeletti

Ian, we too get the plastic one and cut to fit. We get ours at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I suggest you call Lippert Customer Service (866-524-7821) to see if they themselves may offer the metal one you desire.

That said, I've noticed over the years that RV sinks seem to be a breed and size of their own.

mlpeloquin

You can purchase one as close as you can get, measure the size you want, and tale it to a welder. They will charge, but you will have a custom size you want. I have seen a local welder near me, when I was having my spring hangers welded, have simple things such as this dropped off. He did not charge near as much as one would think. I could her him give the customer(s) the estimate for the modifications that they wanted.

ILH

You can purchase one as close as you can get, measure the size you want, and tale it to a welder. They will charge, but you will have a custom size you want. I have seen a local welder near me, when I was having my spring hangers welded, have simple things such as this dropped off. He did not charge near as much as one would think. I could her him give the customer(s) the estimate for the modifications that they wanted.

Good idea. I think I'll do that! That'll make the wife happy.