Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Furrion Camera

  1. Print this Post   #1
    Saskatchewan Chapter Leader Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CAN - SK
    Posts
    410

    Furrion Camera

    I just bought the Furrion vision camera. had a devil of a time installing the plug and play until I found out that the pug in for the camera was wired wrong at the factory. Once I solved that it worked right off as long as the trailer was stationary.

    It worked good in s straight line but when I turned it went black then came back on when the rig was straight. I had the rV parked in the driveway to load over night. Next day, camera would not come back on.

    I went to the manufacture website support, did the chat thing, they were of no use at all. Was told a specialist would look into it and the that person would email me a copy of the chat. That was tuesday today is thursday, have not received the copy of the chat nor a call from the specialist. It seems to me they know they have a dud system that may or may not work.

    I will be home on Monday, will be returning the system.I have seen too many posts from people who have the same camera and it does not function as advertised. I know some are working, mine is not.
    If anyone has the magic please share.
    Last edited by Chainsaw; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:39 AM.
    Chainsaw
    Wife Janina
    Dog Roxi ( gone for the biggest walk )
    2018 Big Horn 3760
    20161 Big Country Chev 3500 HD Duramax Dually Bak Flip Tonneau cover
    Wife 2008 Yamaha Rhino sport
    Me 2006 Yamaha Rhino SE
    Ontario Rally
    2010 Kingston #26
    2011 Mc Gregor #16
    National Rally Goshen 2011 # 211
    2012 Gillette WY National Rally # F 98
    2013 Ontario Rally Windsor On #17
    2013 Goshen National Rally # 2011 So

    2014 Urbanna Virgina National Rally
    2015 McGregor #21
    2015 Goschen Rally

    2016 Canada West Rally Hinton Alberta
    2018 Alberta Rally Camrose site 64
    2019 Saskatchewan Rally Rosetown
    2019 Alberta Rally Camrose,

    2020 Western Regional Rally ( Canceled Covid 19 )



  2. Print this Post   #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    USA - OK
    Posts
    112

    Re: Furrow Camera

    Unfortunately don't have any magic for you. But one time shortly after I installed the Furrion Vision S system we started out on a trip and I lost the signal from the rear camera and it wouldn't come back on. I pulled the power on the monitor in the truck to reboot it, but still no signal. At the next rest stop, I cut the power to the camera for a minute and then restarted it to reboot the camera, and then all was fine. For whatever reason it has never acted up like that since then. Maybe by rebooting the camera it reset the wireless connection to the monitor. So you might try killing the power to the camera and restarting it and see if that helps like it did for us.
    John Marnell and Christina Cox
    Member #3921
    2018 Cyclone 4005
    2017 Ford F350 Lariat DRW

  3. Print this Post   #3
    Senior Member Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    USA - CA
    Posts
    5,035

    Re: Furrow Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    I just bought the Furrion vision camera. had a devil of a time installing the plug and play until I found out that the pug in for the camera was wired wrong at the factory. Once I solved that it worked right off as long as the trailer was stationary.

    It worked good in s straight line but when I turned it went black then came back on when the rig was straight. I had the rV parked in the driveway to load over night. Next day, camera would not come back on.

    I went to the manufacture website support, did the chat thing, they were of no use at all. Was told a specialist would look into it and the that person would email me a copy of the chat. That was tuesday today is thursday, have not received the copy of the chat nor a call from the specialist. It seems to me they know they have a dud system that may or may not work.

    I will be home on Monday, will be returning the system.I have seen too many posts from people who have the same camera and it does not function as advertised. I know some are working, mine is not.
    If anyone has the magic please share.
    We have had ours on the back of a 43' long landmark and it has worked perfectly for years now. At least until the RV wash guys break off my antenna "happened Twice now".
    When I was in Goshen visiting with Furrion reps they were saying that some times if you have another wireless device like a TPMS running with it on a close frequency it can mess things up. I have a friend that both his camera and TPMS never work properly.

    Do you have a wireless TPMS ?
    The Jess's
    Jerrod & Rhonda
    Zoey (Our Princess of the Palace)
    2015 Landmark 365 Ashland (Project LM 365)
    2008 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax (retired)
    2017 Ford Super Duty F-350 Platinum

    Link to my 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland Modifications






  4. Print this Post   #4

    Re: Furrow Camera

    I just got a second camera today & the system would'nt pair to it. Finally I removed the camera from the mount & plugged it into the extra connection on the 12dcv power supply (cigarette lighter) cord. Paired asap, then I took the camera & re-installed it on the TH & it's working just fine. Will know for sure this weekend when we travel.
    Robert (aka Dahillbilly) & Mary Morris

    HOC #7012
    2018 Torque 327

    2015 Silverado 3500HD SRW Duramax Allison
    Crew Cab 4x4 Short Box
    B & W Companion Slider 5th Wheel Hitch
    TST-507-FT
    Furrion Rear View Camera
    Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C

    "RUBY" 2012 FLHTK Harley Davidson

    2020 H.C.R. Lake Delton, WI.
    ​CANCELLED
    2020 Wisconsin Camp-out Lake Delton, WI.

  5. Print this Post   #5
    Saskatchewan Chapter Leader Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CAN - SK
    Posts
    410

    Re: Furrow Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn View Post
    We have had ours on the back of a 43' long landmark and it has worked perfectly for years now. At least until the RV wash guys break off my antenna "happened Twice now".
    When I was in Goshen visiting with Furrion reps they were saying that some times if you have another wireless device like a TPMS running with it on a close frequency it can mess things up. I have a friend that both his camera and TPMS never work properly.

    Do you have a wireless TPMS ?
    I sure do have a TPMS, thanks for the tip. I will give it a try.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jmarnell View Post
    Unfortunately don't have any magic for you. But one time shortly after I installed the Furrion Vision S system we started out on a trip and I lost the signal from the rear camera and it wouldn't come back on. I pulled the power on the monitor in the truck to reboot it, but still no signal. At the next rest stop, I cut the power to the camera for a minute and then restarted it to reboot the camera, and then all was fine. For whatever reason it has never acted up like that since then. Maybe by rebooting the camera it reset the wireless connection to the monitor. So you might try killing the power to the camera and restarting it and see if that helps like it did for us.
    Thanks for the suggestion. My camera is wired into the clearance lights so it get re-booted each time I turn on the lights.
    Chainsaw
    Wife Janina
    Dog Roxi ( gone for the biggest walk )
    2018 Big Horn 3760
    20161 Big Country Chev 3500 HD Duramax Dually Bak Flip Tonneau cover
    Wife 2008 Yamaha Rhino sport
    Me 2006 Yamaha Rhino SE
    Ontario Rally
    2010 Kingston #26
    2011 Mc Gregor #16
    National Rally Goshen 2011 # 211
    2012 Gillette WY National Rally # F 98
    2013 Ontario Rally Windsor On #17
    2013 Goshen National Rally # 2011 So

    2014 Urbanna Virgina National Rally
    2015 McGregor #21
    2015 Goschen Rally

    2016 Canada West Rally Hinton Alberta
    2018 Alberta Rally Camrose site 64
    2019 Saskatchewan Rally Rosetown
    2019 Alberta Rally Camrose,

    2020 Western Regional Rally ( Canceled Covid 19 )



  6. Print this Post   #6
    Senior Member LBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    USA - OR
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: Furrow Camera

    Do another pairing outlined as in post #4...

    We have 44' CY and crew cab that would periodically loose signal...of course that always happens we needed to view it, right?..

    I installed 2 higher Db gain antennas remotely and haven't experienced hardly any dropouts at all since doing so a year ago. Now when stationary, the monitor shows 5 bars strength that drops to 3 bars at 60 mph...very happy now and it has become a trusted device....finally.

  7. Print this Post   #7
    Senior Member avvidclif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA - TX
    Posts
    2,168

    Re: Furrow Camera

    Mine is wired to the parking lights so I can turn it on when needed. A hint: If the monitor antenna is vertical make the camera the same. My monitor antenna is horizontal because of where it's mounted. The camera is the same, horizontal. For the techies using a horizontally polarized antenna to connect to a vertically polarized antenna results in abt a 30 dB loss of signal strength.
    Clif KA5IPF Retired
    Millie W5AUX VFW Auxiliary Past Dept President
    Heartland Member #2831
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD LTZ Allison/Duramax DRW 32gal RDS Aux Tank
    2015 Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler w/Sailun shoes, TST 507, Furrion watching the rear, 11/19 added RVArmor(Flex-Armor) roof.
    2005 HD FXDI Super Glide in the Garage
    Tied together with an Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

    2016 West Texas Inaugural Rally Quanah, Tx
    2019 Louisiana Chapter Rally Natchitoches, LA


  8. Print this Post   #8
    Saskatchewan Chapter Leader Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CAN - SK
    Posts
    410

    Re: Furrow Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Do another pairing outlined as in post #4...

    We have 44' CY and crew cab that would periodically loose signal...of course that always happens we needed to view it, right?..

    I installed 2 higher Db gain antennas remotely and haven't experienced hardly any dropouts at all since doing so a year ago. Now when stationary, the monitor shows 5 bars strength that drops to 3 bars at 60 mph...very happy now and it has become a trusted device....finally.
    Do you have a TPMS?
    How do you install these antenna? Where do you get them?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn View Post
    We have had ours on the back of a 43' long landmark and it has worked perfectly for years now. At least until the RV wash guys break off my antenna "happened Twice now".
    When I was in Goshen visiting with Furrion reps they were saying that some times if you have another wireless device like a TPMS running with it on a close frequency it can mess things up. I have a friend that both his camera and TPMS never work properly.

    Do you have a wireless TPMS ?
    I just tried it without the TPMS running, worked, thanks
    Last edited by Terry H; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:57 PM. Reason: Deleted Duplicate Text
    Chainsaw
    Wife Janina
    Dog Roxi ( gone for the biggest walk )
    2018 Big Horn 3760
    20161 Big Country Chev 3500 HD Duramax Dually Bak Flip Tonneau cover
    Wife 2008 Yamaha Rhino sport
    Me 2006 Yamaha Rhino SE
    Ontario Rally
    2010 Kingston #26
    2011 Mc Gregor #16
    National Rally Goshen 2011 # 211
    2012 Gillette WY National Rally # F 98
    2013 Ontario Rally Windsor On #17
    2013 Goshen National Rally # 2011 So

    2014 Urbanna Virgina National Rally
    2015 McGregor #21
    2015 Goschen Rally

    2016 Canada West Rally Hinton Alberta
    2018 Alberta Rally Camrose site 64
    2019 Saskatchewan Rally Rosetown
    2019 Alberta Rally Camrose,

    2020 Western Regional Rally ( Canceled Covid 19 )



  9. Print this Post   #9
    Saskatchewan Chapter Leader Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CAN - SK
    Posts
    410

    Re: Furrion Camera

    I am parked in a camp site right now. stationary the camera worked with the TPMS turned off. I will wait until we leave on Monday and see if it works while one the road before I start doing back flips, well jumping up and down anyway.

    thanks for the tips everyone.
    Chainsaw
    Wife Janina
    Dog Roxi ( gone for the biggest walk )
    2018 Big Horn 3760
    20161 Big Country Chev 3500 HD Duramax Dually Bak Flip Tonneau cover
    Wife 2008 Yamaha Rhino sport
    Me 2006 Yamaha Rhino SE
    Ontario Rally
    2010 Kingston #26
    2011 Mc Gregor #16
    National Rally Goshen 2011 # 211
    2012 Gillette WY National Rally # F 98
    2013 Ontario Rally Windsor On #17
    2013 Goshen National Rally # 2011 So

    2014 Urbanna Virgina National Rally
    2015 McGregor #21
    2015 Goschen Rally

    2016 Canada West Rally Hinton Alberta
    2018 Alberta Rally Camrose site 64
    2019 Saskatchewan Rally Rosetown
    2019 Alberta Rally Camrose,

    2020 Western Regional Rally ( Canceled Covid 19 )



  10. Print this Post   #10
    Senior Member LBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    USA - OR
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: Furrow Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    Do you have a TPMS?
    How do you install these antenna? Where do you get them?
    Yes, we run the TST TPMS on 12 tires with the extender set on the pin box.

    I have the monitor antenna zip tied on the F-450 outside driver's mirror. The camera antenna is zip tied to our CY ladder (ladder is on driver's side) at the top. Both antennas are in 100% direct line.of.sight with each other.

    You can shop Amazon to get all antennas and cables. Do pay attention to the proper pin-outs of the cables and connector ends attaching to each other, and also to your monitor and camera....otherwise you'll end up with 2 males or 2 females trying to mate up....haha...I better digress now..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Furrion rear camera wiring
    By Dahillbilly in forum Torque - General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-12-2020, 06:45 AM
  2. Furrion 3 Camera System
    By jmarnell in forum Backup Cameras
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-2019, 12:20 PM
  3. Furrion 4 camera system
    By MagnoliaTom in forum Camping Products
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-13-2019, 07:08 AM
  4. Furrion Back Up Camera
    By Cgsrfr in forum Backup Cameras
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-26-2018, 09:42 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •