Help toilet brush head fell down toilet!

Flick

Any one have a suggestion. How to retrieve or will it run out the sewer hose. The head was soft rubbery bristles.

You could drain the tank completely while watching for it to pass thru your clear sewer adapter. If you think it didn’t pass, you could put a wet vac hose down the toilet to try to retrieve it. In my opinion, it probably won’t hurt being in there. People drop all kinds of stuff down there.
By the way, if you do the wet vac thing, you may want to do it when you’re home alone and wear that mask or two or three of them. Lol.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not familiar with how your rig is plumbed, but you might be able to use a stout length of wire with a hook bent on it to snag it from the sewer outlet after dumping and rinsing the tank. Pour water down the toilet to encourage it to migrate to the outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The idea that something could fall into the black tank has terrified me on occasion when I think about it happening. I've asked DW not buy two-piece brushes for this very reason. I am genuinely interested in the outcome of this situation, and I'm sorry this has happened to you!

For what its worth, the only idea I have to offer is maybe use one of those trash picker-upper thingies and try to grab it. That sounds a lot less messy than trying to catch it on the way out!

Good luck!

Ken

Gary521

This exact same thing happened to another member. See the thread called "toilet brush woes".

Johnston1107

The idea that something could fall into the black tank has terrified me on occasion when I think about it happening. I've asked DW not buy two-piece brushes for this very reason. I am genuinely interested in the outcome of this situation, and I'm sorry this has happened to you!

For what its worth, the only idea I have to offer is maybe use one of those trash picker-upper thingies and try to grab it. That sounds a lot less messy than trying to catch it on the way out!

Good luck!

Ken
Thanks unfortunately from the floor to the tank is an offset so I cannot see or fish anything straight down. I flushed the tank with fresh water with no results. At the outflow connection is a t fitting so no straight shot on the exit side

Bobby A

This might be a lot of work and messy but you might be able to remove the underbelly to expose the tank and take out the black tank flusher and gain access to the tank interior and pull it out the flusher hole. I watched a Utube video a few years back on replacing a black tank flusher. In the video it appeared the flusher was about the size of an awning motor. But depending on the kind of flusher Heartland uses, I guess there are a few different kinds of flusher kits. Also by moving that part you MUST make sure you use the right sealant to re install the flusher or it will leak, then you have opened up another can of worms. Not sure if I would do it, but just giving another idea to look at.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You can get a Phone Camera Probe to stick in there and find it. The come up with a plan to push it out or hook it and pull it up.

https://www.amazon.com/Endoscope-Wi...amera+probe&qid=1596383850&sr=8-8&tag=mh0b-20

71aB0lSASML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

asherwin

Lol, sorry, but we had the same happen about three years ago. In all this time have not seen it exit or have any issues with the tank.

Johnston1107

Great news my trailer passed the toilet brush this morning. It lodged itself in the start of the sewer hose! Sorry no pics.

Flick

Great news my trailer passed the toilet brush this morning. It lodged itself in the start of the sewer hose! Sorry no pics.

Well, I reckon a little humor is in order. Better a cleaning brush than a set of false teeth. Lol.

RoadJunkie

A little dab of Gorilla Glue will reattach the brush to the handle and you're good to go...pun intended.