Tire replacement

On my 2014 Landmark I have Goodyear G114 215-75-R17.5 tires that are the original. They still look good but I think it is time to replace them. Am I correct?

BarbandFrank

We replaced the original Goodyear G114’s on our 2016 Landmark when they were four years old due to a flat spot on one of the tires. We replaced them with the same type of tires and hope to get more mileage out of them than the first set.

Frank

avvidclif

Basically you have 5 years to put as many miles as you can on them. Replace after 5 years or no tread. Whichever comes first

CoveredWagon

Where do you all have them replaced? I'm kind of assuming that the average tire shop can't or isn't the best place to have it done.

jnbhobe

Where do you all have them replaced? I'm kind of assuming that the average tire shop can't or isn't the best place to have it done.
I go to the tire shop but I know they can do my 17.5 tires. Any one who can do truck tires can do it for you

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BarbandFrank

We had our tires replaced at a Goodyear commercial shop - they sell and service tires for trucks and other large vehicles. We took our Landmark there and backed right into one of their service bays. It was quick and efficient. Most importantly - there was enough room to maneuver the rig around the parking lot to get into the service bay.

Frank

mlpeloquin

Goodyear shop replaced ours the first time. Les Schwab tires, if you have one near you will replace them as well.

dpatrickr

what is the concensus on the Greenball towmaster series tire at Costco? Seem like a good price for what you get and I read some good online reviews. Anyone here have experience with this type tire. I'm looking at 235/85/16 for my 2020 Bighorn Traveler

Flick

what is the concensus on the Greenball towmaster series tire at Costco? Seem like a good price for what you get and I read some good online reviews. Anyone here have experience with this type tire. I'm looking at 235/85/16 for my 2020 Bighorn Traveler

I’m only guessing, but my guess is that you won’t get a lot of reviews here. I looked up some reviews on them and they’re not bad. But you can find good reviews on almost anything if you look long enough. I guess it’s kind of like rolling the dice with the winner or loser being your RV. Most around here like Goodyear or Sailun with a few now and then touting other brands. Personally, it’s to risky and almost every tire shop will try to convince you theirs is the best. Good luck.

carl.swoyer

I replaced mine at 7 years.
Goodyear tech support said plenty of tread left keep running them. Two thousand miles later I had a blowout. So now I have 4 new g614.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

dpatrickr

[Thanks Eddie. I'm a big fan of nitrogen in my tires. I have been using it in my cars and trucks for years. A lot less hassel to maintain tire pressure and seems to help here in the hot AZ summers. That's why I asked about these tires because I have not found a tire dealer here in Tucson other than Costco and my GMC dealer who does nitrogen. QUOTE=Flick;643369]I’m only guessing, but my guess is that you won’t get a lot of reviews here. I looked up some reviews on them and they’re not bad. But you can find good reviews on almost anything if you look long enough. I guess it’s kind of like rolling the dice with the winner or loser being your RV. Most around here like Goodyear or Sailun with a few now and then touting other brands. Personally, it’s to risky and almost every tire shop will try to convince you theirs is the best. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

dpatrickr

I finally decided to go with the Greenball from COSTCO. I got the nitrogen that I wanted. Now all we need is time to take it on the road. Looks like Mesa/Apache Junction KOA over Christmas and new years. Its a short trip mileage wise but we are looking forward to it.

danemayer

I finally decided to go with the Greenball from COSTCO. I got the nitrogen that I wanted. Now all we need is time to take it on the road. Looks like Mesa/Apache Junction KOA over Christmas and new years. Its a short trip mileage wise but we are looking forward to it.

Hope the Greenball tires work out for you. The company appears to be a distributor importing tires from various manufacturers to market under the Greenball name.

Check back in periodically to let everyone know how they do.

Mrsfish

[Thanks Eddie. I'm a big fan of nitrogen in my tires. I have been using it in my cars and trucks for years. A lot less hassel to maintain tire pressure and seems to help here in the hot AZ summers. That's why I asked about these tires because I have not found a tire dealer here in Tucson other than Costco and my GMC dealer who does nitrogen. QUOTE=Flick;643369]I’m only guessing, but my guess is that you won’t get a lot of reviews here. I looked up some reviews on them and they’re not bad. But you can find good reviews on almost anything if you look long enough. I guess it’s kind of like rolling the dice with the winner or loser being your RV. Most around here like Goodyear or Sailun with a few now and then touting other brands. Personally, it’s to risky and almost every tire shop will try to convince you theirs is the best. Good luck.
[/QUOTE]

We got nitrogen filled Saliuns from BIG O... just saying

dpatrickr

Mrs fish, I checked with Big O here in Tucson AZ and they did not offer nitrogen fill. That's why I went with Costco.

We got nitrogen filled Saliuns from BIG O... just saying[/QUOTE]