Anderson valve

Bucce64k

Last week while boondocking I filled my freshwater tank before leaving home, when I turned on the pump at the site (valve was in the dry camping position) water wouldn’t come out of any faucets and instead was pumping out the fill hose bib on the valve assembly. If I turn the valve to winterize or tank fill it stops but as soon as I turn it back to dry camping it starts pumping out again. Help, my local Camping World dealer won’t even look at it for 7 weeks. It is a 2019 bighorn

danemayer

The check valve built in at the hose connection is broken or stuck open. Quick workaround would be to screw in an external check valve. You'll probably have to cobble together 2 fittings. Check nearby hardware stores.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SLO

Dan is right. Check valve is the problem. You could, also, stick a small screw driver in the main water connection and push, back and forth, the check valve (it’s spring loaded) and hopefully knock some debris loose to let it close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dmetcalf

Does the new 4 brass turn any easier than the all plastic selector valve?

Yes, I replaced mine with the brass version and it’s tight due to the multiple O-rings but it does (in my opinion) turn a “bit” easier.

Gary521

Last week while boondocking I filled my freshwater tank before leaving home, when I turned on the pump at the site (valve was in the dry camping position) water wouldn’t come out of any faucets and instead was pumping out the fill hose bib on the valve assembly. If I turn the valve to winterize or tank fill it stops but as soon as I turn it back to dry camping it starts pumping out again. Help, my local Camping World dealer won’t even look at it for 7 weeks. It is a 2019 bighorn
You do not have to turn the valve from "city" to get water out of the holding tank with the pump. There is no need to use the dry camping position on the valve. The valve was designed so you don't have to change positions all time from stop to stop and use the pump when not hooked up to city water, like at a rest stop.
Try the city valve position and see if it helps. It may not completely solve the problem but it may get you by.