Odors with Dometic 300 toilet/ in Torque T-322

Carey

I have a constant odor in my main toilet. I saw a video, that said there was an issue with the back of the toilet collecting & holding urine, creating the odor. Anyone know about this? 2019 year

jbeletti

My SOB neighbor here at the campground also has this issue with their Dometic 300. Their dealer said it's a known issue and Dometic is supplying a replacement commode. Contact your selling dealer or any Dometic certified dealer or servicer to inquire about this.

Flick

I have a constant odor in my main toilet. I saw a video, that said there was an issue with the back of the toilet collecting & holding urine, creating the odor. Anyone know about this? 2019 year

I don’t know how your sink in this main toilet is vented, but it likely has a studor vent under the sink. If it does, this vent could be venting sewer gases into your bath area. To eliminate the possibility of a bad vent, put a ziplock bag over it with a rubber band. If the smell goes away, replace the vent. They are available at the big box stores or any plumbing dealer.
Otherwise, I have no idea about the possible toilet problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t know how your sink in this main toilet is vented, but it likely has a studor vent under the sink. If it does, this vent could be venting sewer gases into your bath area. To eliminate the possibility of a bad vent, put a ziplock bag over it with a rubber band. If the smell goes away, replace the vent. They are available at the big box stores or any plumbing dealer.
Otherwise, I have no idea about the possible toilet problem.

Looks like Jim gave you good info. Good luck.

Carey

My SOB neighbor here at the campground also has this issue with their Dometic 300. Their dealer said it's a known issue and Dometic is supplying a replacement commode. Contact your selling dealer or any Dometic certified dealer or servicer to inquire about this.

Thank you. I will try that.

danemayer

If the dealer doesn't get you a toilet at no charge, try calling Dometic Customer Service directly.