Big County 3902FL crack above kitchen slide

MRisner

Upon inspecting our 2019 3902FL noticed a crack above the kitchen slide. 20200812_142705.jpg. Leave for the winter in Florida in mid October. Has anyone else encountered this kind of structural issue?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes call heartland.
Our friends took there rig back to Heartland factory to have this same issue fixed on there 2014 Landmark

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

Upon inspecting our 2019 3902FL noticed a crack above the kitchen slide. View attachment 64578. Leave for the winter in Florida in mid October. Has anyone else encountered this kind of structural issue?

Yes just repaired our Road Warrior in June/July this year. We went to Affinity RV Group in Goshen, Ind. Our Road Warrior is a 2018 and Heartland did step up and pay for the repair for the crack side wall. We were there for 10 days and had some other items taken care of while this was going on. We full time and they had us stay in the rig for the time being repaired, except one night when they took our slide out for repairing floor.
But just doing the crack took 3 days total, allowing for drying, painting, clearcoat.

Here is a link to their place:
https://affinityrvgroup.com/

Point of contact is April, Joanna and another person in the office is Skylar.
Boss man name is Rod.
If you call tell them David & Stephanie said Hi.

MRisner

No, but definitely contact Heartland as you have a three year structural warranty. This should definitely be covered.

Thanks. we emailed them the photos they requested and waiting for them to call back now!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes call heartland.
Our friends took there rig back to Heartland factory to have this same issue fixed on there 2014 Landmark

- - - Updated - - -

Replied to your PM..appreciate this feedback!
Yes just repaired our Road Warrior in June/July this year. We went to Affinity RV Group in Goshen, Ind. Our Road Warrior is a 2018 and Heartland did step up and pay for the repair for the crack side wall. We were there for 10 days and had some other items taken care of while this was going on. We full time and they had us stay in the rig for the time being repaired, except one night when they took our slide out for repairing floor.
But just doing the crack took 3 days total, allowing for drying, painting, clearcoat.

Boss man name is Rod.

MRisner

How long did it take to get Heartland to approve taking your rig to Affinity, or did you talk to Affinity on your own? We are still waiting for Heartland to get back to us. We sent them everything they asked for. Followed up a week later and Tim told us he elevated. Emailed Tim last week, and he never responded, and called today and left him a voice mail. We head south for the winter in October so really hope to get this done sooner rather than later.

Boss man name is Rod.

wdk450

You know, a big factory recall at Heartland was revealed last week, and this may be taking all of the service department's attention right now.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
What was the big recall ?

Recall notice in the RV Travel Newsletter I subscribe to.

Heartland Recreational Vehicles, LLC (Heartland RV) is recalling 1,168 model year 2019-2021 Cyclone and 2020-2021 Bighorn Traveler travel trailers. Due to insufficient bracing, the front landing legs may buckle and collapse while the trailer is parked.

If the landing legs buckle, the trailer will drop unexpectedly, increasing the risk of property damage, personal injury or death.

Remedy
Heartland will notify owners, and dealers will install a jack bracket to reinforce the landing legs, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a recall schedule. Owners may contact Heartland customer service at 1-877-262-8032.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Re: the recall: "dealers will install". Procurement is probably working on getting a supply of brackets. The factory is probably not tied up at all by this recall.

wdk450

Re: the recall: "dealers will install". Procurement is probably working on getting a supply of brackets. The factory is probably not tied up at all by this recall.

More than 1 poster just in this thread posted that they were having a hard time now getting in contact with Heartland Service. I was thinking if Heartland Service was the initial telephone contact for this recall, their phone lines might be flooded.

MRisner

Thanks for all the info and advice. Heartland called us today and told us what they wanted us to do, and we now have an appointment at Affinity in Goshen for the end of October. Our seasonal reservation will have to wait a little longer, but glad we have an appointment!

david-steph2018

Thanks for all the info and advice. Heartland called us today and told us what they wanted us to do, and we now have an appointment at Affinity in Goshen for the end of October. Our seasonal reservation will have to wait a little longer, but glad we have an appointment!

Are you staying in Goshen and wait for the repair?

Kbvols

I have same issue with crack above slide. The CS lady has thus far been responsive. They have not yet authorized it to be fixed yet however. I guess wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk