1st Shakedown trip this weekend. Any tips needed.

Looking forward to our shakedown trip this weekend. (Aug 16-17th.)The electric "self leveling " jacks have me concerned, and hoping they work correctly. I have been the "auto level" for my last 6 RV's in 20 years. Hoping it goes well.

Any first time Heartland tips or things to look for? I already have the typical moulding falling off the slide etc issue. Will fix myself.

TIA.

Ed

david-steph2018

Looking forward to our shakedown trip this weekend. (Aug 16-17th.)The electric "self leveling " jacks have me concerned, and hoping they work correctly. I have been the "auto level" for my last 6 RV's in 20 years. Hoping it goes well.

Any first time Heartland tips or things to look for? I already have the typical moulding falling off the slide etc issue. Will fix myself.

TIA.

Ed

Take your time, do not rush things and get frustrated. Hope you have a great time

Flick

TIA.

Ed

After 6 rv’s, I’d consider you the expert. I suggest to do a little homework on how to set up your site in regards to auto leveling. This includes things like making sure you plug in your electric before you auto level so your rv batteries are near fully responsive, unhooking truck and pulling away from under rv if you have a fifth wheel before auto leveling, checking your site for level and adjusting leg travel with blocks if necessary and doing all the other things you’ve normally done.
On the leveling system itself, pour yourself a cold beverage, push the begin auto level and then sit down to enjoy your cold beverage while it does all the work. When it’s done, you’ll think, “Ain’t life great”.

After 6 rv’s, I’d consider you the expert. I suggest to do a little homework on how to set up your site in regards to auto leveling. This includes things like making sure you plug in your electric before you auto level so your rv batteries are near fully responsive, unhooking truck and pulling away from under rv if you have a fifth wheel before auto leveling, checking your site for level and adjusting leg travel with blocks if necessary and doing all the other things you’ve normally done.
On the leveling system itself, pour yourself a cold beverage, push the begin auto level and then sit down to enjoy your cold beverage while it does all the work. When it’s done, you’ll think, “Ain’t life great”.

I should have said, all my previous RV's were manual level, scissor jacks etc and I was the "self leveler"!! LOL All in all, the trip went well. Got a little stuck when getting ready to re-hook the RV to truck. Could not figure out how to raise the rear jacks....

Once I got home, I found the right instructions for ground control 3.0 push "hitch" when unhooked and when rehooking, push hitch and it will automatically go back to hitch height, and retract the rear jacks. No instruction sheets with RV.

Oh, the M/B toilet push pedal is messed up. Can barely push pedal and flap opens. Toilet in garage works perfect..Go figure...LOL