Thread: 1st Shakedown trip this weekend. Any tips needed.

1. Print this Post   #1

1st Shakedown trip this weekend. Any tips needed.

Looking forward to our shakedown trip this weekend. (Aug 16-17th.)The electric "self leveling " jacks have me concerned, and hoping they work correctly. I have been the "auto level" for my last 6 RV's in 20 years. Hoping it goes well.

Any first time Heartland tips or things to look for? I already have the typical moulding falling off the slide etc issue. Will fix myself.

TIA.

Ed

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: 1st Shakedown trip this weekend. Any tips needed.

Quote Originally Posted by exiledinaz View Post
    Looking forward to our shakedown trip this weekend. (Aug 16-17th.)The electric "self leveling " jacks have me concerned, and hoping they work correctly. I have been the "auto level" for my last 6 RV's in 20 years. Hoping it goes well.

Any first time Heartland tips or things to look for? I already have the typical moulding falling off the slide etc issue. Will fix myself.

TIA.

Ed
    Take your time, do not rush things and get frustrated. Hope you have a great time

3. Print this Post   #3

Quote Originally Posted by exiledinaz View Post

TIA.

Ed
    After 6 rvís, Iíd consider you the expert. I suggest to do a little homework on how to set up your site in regards to auto leveling. This includes things like making sure you plug in your electric before you auto level so your rv batteries are near fully responsive, unhooking truck and pulling away from under rv if you have a fifth wheel before auto leveling, checking your site for level and adjusting leg travel with blocks if necessary and doing all the other things youíve normally done.
    On the leveling system itself, pour yourself a cold beverage, push the begin auto level and then sit down to enjoy your cold beverage while it does all the work. When itís done, youíll think, ďAinít life greatĒ.
    Eddie and Jomaye
    HOC #7088

2015 Heartland Cyclone 4100 HD
    -4 U Cam observation camera
    -Dish Tailgater Pro
    -On The Go Double Standard softener
    -Splendide washer/dryer combo
    -TireMinder bluetooth TPMS
    -RV Smart 50 amp surge protector

2019 Ford F-350 DRW FX4 Lariat
    -Ultimate Lariat package
    -4:10 LS gears
    -2Ē front lift/Bilstein shocks
    -Air Lift 5000 Ultimate air bags
    -Air Lift Gen 2 Bluetooth wireless compressor
    -20k Reese fifth wheel and rail adapter
    -35Ē TOYO Open Country M/T tires on stock 17Ē rims
    -RDS 60 gal tool box combo w/gauge
    -RV Toll Pass

4. Print this Post   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Flick View Post
    After 6 rvís, Iíd consider you the expert. I suggest to do a little homework on how to set up your site in regards to auto leveling. This includes things like making sure you plug in your electric before you auto level so your rv batteries are near fully responsive, unhooking truck and pulling away from under rv if you have a fifth wheel before auto leveling, checking your site for level and adjusting leg travel with blocks if necessary and doing all the other things youíve normally done.
    On the leveling system itself, pour yourself a cold beverage, push the begin auto level and then sit down to enjoy your cold beverage while it does all the work. When itís done, youíll think, ďAinít life greatĒ.
    I should have said, all my previous RV's were manual level, scissor jacks etc and I was the "self leveler"!! LOL All in all, the trip went well. Got a little stuck when getting ready to re-hook the RV to truck. Could not figure out how to raise the rear jacks....

Once I got home, I found the right instructions for ground control 3.0 push "hitch" when unhooked and when rehooking, push hitch and it will automatically go back to hitch height, and retract the rear jacks. No instruction sheets with RV.

Oh, the M/B toilet push pedal is messed up. Can barely push pedal and flap opens. Toilet in garage works perfect..Go figure...LOL