Almost Over

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We’re set to deliver the BH to General RV, Birch Run, next Tuesday morning. Bittersweet in some respects, but it’s time. Now we’re having second thoughts about buying a summer home (be like a RV without wheels yet still needing maintenance). So, the 17 year old pontoon will be going on the market, too. It was why we had some sort of RV to begin with. Everything’s in flux right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Ever think about getting a tear drop with an AC. Upper Michigan and even as close/far as Geneva on the Lake, Ohio is beautiful to spend some time at. You do not need to have a big fifth wheel to enjoy. Other than breaks and tires, there isn't much to go wrong. Consider it as tapering off with out going cold turkey.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I know how you feel, John...

It was a bittersweet moment watching someone else driving away with my Prowler 5th-wheeler in tow...

But, life changes and life moves on!

Time for a new adventure! :cool:

We may get a new RV sometime in the future...or might just drive around and stay in hotels.

Traded off the RV for the best sunrises in the country off of our front porch here in the Arizona desert...

AAsunrise-8-2-20-P8021224.JPG AAsunrise-8-2-20-P8027634.JPG AAsunrise-8-2-20-P8027641.JPG

JohnDar

It’s Official! As of this morning, General RV is now the owner of the Bighorn.

JohnDar

So you sold the trailer to General instead of consignment. Good idea

Yes, I was looking on RV Trader to see what it might be worth and there was a caption about used trailers being in demand. It linked to General, so I gave them a call. After some discussion, they quoted me an offer. I still had to make up the difference between their offer and the loan balance. But with no place for me to show it properly, it was best for us to take the loss. Quick and easy, no tire kickers, no haggling, and they were impressed with its overall condition for being as old as it was and that everything still worked.

I did leave my two binders with all the manuals and upgrade info, along with the extra motor for the Ground Control jacks.

Flick

Yes, I was looking on RV Trader to see what it might be worth and there was a caption about used trailers being in demand. It linked to General, so I gave them a call. After some discussion, they quoted me an offer. I still had to make up the difference between their offer and the loan balance. But with no place for me to show it properly, it was best for us to take the loss. Quick and easy, no tire kickers, no haggling, and they were impressed with its overall condition for being as old as it was and that everything still worked.

I did leave my two binders with all the manuals and upgrade info, along with the extra motor for the Ground Control jacks.

John, your description of parting with what had become a part of you, rings home to many of us. We put our heart and soul into these icons of our lives and they become a part of us. When we sold our offshore boat that had all the memories of raising our daughters tucked away in it, my wife told me as it disappeared over the horizon, it’s ok to cry and she laughed. I replied, “Real men don’t cry”. Yeah, right.
Y'all will figure out your best next move and it will be a good one, I’m sure, and I hope we’ll be reading your posts for a long time to come.

JohnDar

John, your description of parting with what had become a part of you, rings home to many of us. We put our heart and soul into these icons of our lives and they become a part of us. When we sold our offshore boat that had all the memories of raising our daughters tucked away in it, my wife told me as it disappeared over the horizon, it’s ok to cry and she laughed. I replied, “Real men don’t cry”. Yeah, right.
Y'all will figure out your best next move and it will be a good one, I’m sure, and I hope we’ll be reading your posts for a long time to come.

Thanks, Eddie! No tears, just a bit of relief knowing I won't have to crawl on the roof, under or in the belly to maintain it anymore.

ParkIt

Stay in touch, buddy! We'll miss your "Prolific Gabbiness".
Concur with that one!
No update on what you are doing now or just chilling out for awhile before deciding what's next?

PS: thanks for all the help when I got my rig along with a few other members and admin. Doesn't mean I won't hit you up on a few tips in the future ;)

JohnDar

Pretty much chilling out for now. Golf most weekday mornings with a bunch of seniors, doing minor maintenance at the fire station and honey-do’s around the house. Travel plans are on hold until the COVID cooties are under better control.

I still check the forums, though

ParkIt

Pretty much chilling out for now. Golf most weekday mornings with a bunch of seniors, doing minor maintenance at the fire station and honey-do’s around the house. Travel plans are on hold until the COVID cooties are under better control.

I still check the forums, though

First off - we aren't really seniors per se though golfing in the mornings sounds like a good way to kick off the day :)
The Covid thing has bungled up a lot of travel/camping/moving among other things though it's still good to see you checking in...if you could take a look at my just posted thread about Mud Wasps in my vent stacks and see what cha think, that would be awesome cuz I doubt it's happened to too many folks.
I'm gonna have to start blogging the fix-it's and 'new guy' stuff but never reach Prolifically Gabby Member status , that list has not shortened one bit :p

Schultz14

I don't come around here much if everything is going good. When it's not and I post looking for help and JohnDar has helped me several times. Other times I've been able to find the answer to my latest dilemma in an old post, and most of those had input from JohnDar. Thanks for all your help and I wish you and yours all the best in this new chapter. Hopefully you'll still be around here John.
Augie

JohnDar

I don't come around here much if everything is going good. When it's not and I post looking for help and JohnDar has helped me several times. Other times I've been able to find the answer to my latest dilemma in an old post, and most of those had input from JohnDar. Thanks for all your help and I wish you and yours all the best in this new chapter. Hopefully you'll still be around here John.
Augie

Yep, hanging around I am, putting my 2-cents in if I think it might help. We’re doing fine, as is.

Appreciate all the nice comments, too!