Shower leaking

wclark

We have a 2012 3585 RL bighorn. Water puddle coming from under the shower in bathroom. Opened up basement and crawled over all the electrical plumbing hot water heater to find shower drain line placed between 2 walls. No access. Talked to heartland said should be able to reach hand in. That does no good how do you undo and replace drain if you can’t get wrench in. Told maybe I could remove the wall where the control panel is located.. I would have to cut a hole in it. Does anyone have any ideas . Attached photos.

Attachments

• 997348D2-BC99-4BA1-AE65-8394A726CE89.jpg
    997348D2-BC99-4BA1-AE65-8394A726CE89.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 71C1CABD-3102-43C3-A084-9090BAB1C1C7.jpeg
    71C1CABD-3102-43C3-A084-9090BAB1C1C7.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 50

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We had water that appeared to be a leak under the shower but it turned out that the water was actually leaking from around the glass. Re caulking did the trick.
Same shower enclosure as yours.

Peace
Dave

rhodies1

We have a 2012 3585 RL bighorn. Water puddle coming from under the shower in bathroom. Opened up basement and crawled over all the electrical plumbing hot water heater to find shower drain line placed between 2 walls. No access. Talked to heartland said should be able to reach hand in. That does no good how do you undo and replace drain if you can’t get wrench in. Told maybe I could remove the wall where the control panel is located.. I would have to cut a hole in it. Does anyone have any ideas . Attached photos

Don’t forget to look at the taps,,,they could be leaking and running down under the shower enclosure.

wclark

We have a 2012 3585 RL bighorn. Water puddle coming from under the shower in bathroom. Opened up basement and crawled over all the electrical plumbing hot water heater to find shower drain line placed between 2 walls. No access. Talked to heartland said should be able to reach hand in. That does no good how do you undo and replace drain if you can’t get wrench in. Told maybe I could remove the wall where the control panel is located.. I would have to cut a hole in it. Does anyone have any ideas . Attached photos

Don’t forget to look at the taps,,,they could be leaking and running down under the shower enclosure.

That’s the first thing I looked at. It’s all dry.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I guess I don’t understand your floorplan. How is the shower drain located behind the control panel? If you had a “selfie stick,” you might be able to get a video or photo of the layout in that wall cavity with your phone before ripping out a wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wclark

I guess I don’t understand your floorplan. How is the shower drain located behind the control panel? If you had a “selfie stick,” you might be able to get a video or photo of the layout in that wall cavity with your phone before ripping out a wall.

this is why I’m asking the forum for ideas. As we can not access the pipes from the basement area Heartland suggested going through the wall where the control panel is located. There is no water on the pipe to the basement just coming out from under the shower.

cashmore

If there's no water coming down the pipe and it's on the floor of the bathroom i wouldn't be looking at the pipe any longer. As previously mentioned, look at caulking on the door if you have a door to the shower. I had to re-caulk my door rails at the ends because it was leaking out onto the floor. Or, i'd be looking for a crack or something in the pan. I few pictures of your setup (shower) showing where it's leaking would be extremely helpful.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A problem with early versions of the Neo-angle showers was the installers drilling holes into the fiberglass surround to mount the glass walls. Inept installers or engineers out to lunch did not apply caulking to seal the holes and poorly (if at all) caulked the base of the glass frames.

I don’t know what style of shower you have, but if you can slip a piece of paper under the frame and out the other side, you may have found your leak(s).

wclark

Re: Shower leaking update

Thanks to all your input problem solved. I did turn out to be the shower surround not sealed properly. Day 2 no leaking. I now have a selfie stick for searching the pipes and noticed that the plumbing diagram sent to me from Heartland was not even close to what we have. Again thank you for all for the great advise. Wendy