Frame concern with crack in slideout corner

Back to the heartland family. I'm purchasing a 2014 big country 3700fl. On initial inspection, I noticed a three inch crack traveling down the corner on the door side rear slide. I pointed it out to the manager, who was giving the inspection with me. He said that probably what happened was the previous owner over extended the jack behind the tire. He also said they had a way of repairing with a patch, and placing one on the opposite corner so it would appear factory. My real concern is the frame, with a possible weld failure. It will be delivered and set up to live in, with no future travel. Does anyone have ideas or suggestions? Thanks Gary

danemayer

Based on a number of past posts to this forum, patches for cracks like this will be short-lived. There's something causing the crack. Over extending a jack? Not likely.

Heartland often repairs problems like this, but usually that's for the original owner. It's much less likely for a second owner.

Based on a number of past posts to this forum, patches for cracks like this will be short-lived. There's something causing the crack. Over extending a jack? Not likely.

Heartland often repairs problems like this, but usually that's for the original owner. It's much less likely for a second owner.

Thanks for the reply!