Heat, Sun Storage

Piperflyer

I might be buying a new RV that has been stored outside in the Arizona summer sun, where temps can reach 115* daily. I was curious with that kind of heat and with only a few windows opened in the RV for ventilation what those kind of conditions might be doing to the RV. Could low humidity and heat play **** with the RV. I know the weather is ideal for storing aircraft outside in AZ. Any ideas, recommendations or experiences to look for before purchasing? Thanks....

Flick

I might be buying a new RV that has been stored outside in the Arizona summer sun, where temps can reach 115* daily. I was curious with that kind of heat and with only a few windows opened in the RV for ventilation what those kind of conditions might be doing to the RV. Could low humidity and heat play **** with the RV. I know the weather is ideal for storing aircraft outside in AZ. Any ideas, recommendations or experiences to look for before purchasing? Thanks....

Heat and sun, probably not ideal. Neither is rain and humidity or cold and snow. But rv’s are probably made with that in mind. Depending on how long it has sat there, your PDI would be very important concerning things like roof caulking, window seals, shower components and other things that may leak due to shrinkage from dry heat.
I think it wouldn’t scare me away from buying if it’s what I want. Just be thorough. Good luck.

cashmore

Heat and sun, probably not ideal. Neither is rain and humidity or cold and snow. But rv’s are probably made with that in mind. Depending on how long it has sat there, your PDI would be very important concerning things like roof caulking, window seals, shower components and other things that may leak due to shrinkage from dry heat.
I think it wouldn’t scare me away from buying if it’s what I want. Just be thorough. Good luck.

I would agree. I also would add the tires to that list. Look at the DOT date code and make sure that they are not old first and that they aren't heat checking or other things. Tires really take a beating when simply sitting, especially in the AZ weather.