Dealer Rant

We live in Alberta, Canada. Due to a broken frame in our 2009 Landmark Pinehurst, the insurance company wrote it off. So, we were out looking for an upgraded replacement for our 5'r. We found one at Northgate RV, in Ringgold Georgia. It was a 2014 Landmark Savannah. Looked pretty good from the pictures. The sales manager did tell us that this unit was NOT in showroom condition. It had normal wear and tear usage on it, so, I wasn't concerned. He told me that they would do a very thorough inspection on it for us and have it 100% for us, as well as top off both propane tanks. They sent us their inspection report to us. it looked very good. So, we went ahead and bought it based on their inspection report. We live 2400 miles away, and with Covid. We were relying on their honesty. They assured us that all was good. Once we took delivery of it, it was a different story. I don't think they inspected anything at all. The shower door was broken, the extra 2 chairs were missing, the Dyson vacuum was missing, the fresh water tank was leaking, the Fantastic fan wasn't working, the batteries were shot, and the propane tanks were empty. I called the dealer. He blamed the missing chairs and vacuum on the delivery driver. And told us the other items all worked when they inspected it. At that point, i was ready to knock his teeth out. What a bunch of CROOKS. Buyer beware they say.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'm sorry that you feel that you were taken advantage of. I would NEVER buy anything of value without inspecting it myself. At the very least, I would have spent some money on an inspection by an outside person. At the very least I would have looked it over upon delivery and rejected it. I realize the distance involved, but you need to be able to at least do a cursory inspection before accepting it. Remember the saying "Buyer Beware".

danemayer

Sorry the dealer messed with you.

How is the fresh tank leaking? Through the overflows or something else?

For the shower door, contact Shower Enclosures of America. They should be able to help. 800-536-76324.

Mark-Roberta 051995

Sorry for your experience - but you drove 2400 miles to purchase a camper and when you got there you did not notice that the shower door was broken, batteries were shot, etc. etc. Did you not do any inspection when you bought it. I am not trying to be rude or off the cuff here but something is not adding up.

Oregon_Camper

Sorry for your experience - but you drove 2400 miles to purchase a camper and when you got there you did not notice that the shower door was broken, batteries were shot, etc. etc. Did you not do any inspection when you bought it. I am not trying to be rude or off the cuff here but something is not adding up.

They had it delivered.

SNOKING

We bought a new RAM sight unseen, however I would not do that on any used item. We sold a Toyota Tercel 4x4 wagon years ago to someone from Alaska that flew down to take delivery. She was pleasantly pleased when she saw it in person, closed the deal and was off to Costco to load up on supplies to take back to Alaska. Guy in our AZ RV resort bought an used 5th wheel from Florida and had it delivered to AZ sight unseen. That was a bit like OP experience. Lots of problems.

I had a friend buy a 38' Monaco MH from Cranky Ape in Kingman, Az. He paid a local big shop diesel mechanic to go check it over. Guy said he would not bit against him, however if he backs out on the deal, let him know, as he would buy it to flip. My friend still owns it and has been all over the county in it for the last 6 or 7 years. If one can not go, pay a neutral third party to check it for you. Chris

Thanks for the kind words. The fresh water tank is cracked(?) I guess I was naive taking a man at his word. That's kind of how I was brought up.

mwc

Hey Snoking, highjack here but man I had two of those Toyota 4 by 4 wagons amd they were beasts. I would buy one sight unseen as well as the lady from Alaska did. Mine would go like crazy in the snow and I put 300,000 plus miles on both, gave my last away amd its still going!