Winegard Prewired?

M335FL

New 2021 M335, has the winegard dome up top, switch inside.... sticker says it’s pre wired for it, but install videos show the dome as the whole unit I have yet to see anyone insert the guts and cover it back up. So if I have the dome do I already have the system? When I turn the switch on nothing shows up on the wifi to connect to for setup. So I either have an empty dome or a defective unit?

Flick

New 2021 M335, has the winegard dome up top, switch inside.... sticker says it’s pre wired for it, but install videos show the dome as the whole unit I have yet to see anyone insert the guts and cover it back up. So if I have the dome do I already have the system? When I turn the switch on nothing shows up on the wifi to connect to for setup. So I either have an empty dome or a defective unit?

I suggest making a call to your rv dealer and let them explain to you what you have. If they can’t fully explain, call Heartland customer service. Enjoy your new unit.

LBR

As Flick suggested, it sounds like the dealer owes you some over the phone PDI explanation time on your system and components....give them a call.

So, if its anything like mine (2021 M26), I have the Winegard dome on top and the same hanging sign "prewired" inside. Basically you probably got the Winegard Air 360 which is your TV antenna which works pretty well but if you want the wifi and cell booster, you have to purchase the Winegard gateway. This gateway acts like a router and mounts to the blank plate on your ceiling just under the dome on the roof. I think there is an option to install the gateway directly into the dome if you don't want the small box hanging on your ceiling. Then you can boost wifi signals around you or amplify cell signal and even purchase a SIM card to broadcast cell data in your trailer for you to connect your devices to.

Hope that helps.

hayward6

Curious if you solved this. I have a 2020 M335 and went to install the gateway which has to be purchased separately, but I can't find the faceplate inside the RV. The antenna is directly over the bathroom closet, so it looks like I will be tearing into the upper section of closet to see if the panel is there. Real bad design decision...

thewanderingeight

I took down the faceplate as I was curious what kind of wire was behind it. There was a hole, but no wire. I fished around with my finger for a minute but couldn't find anything. Glad I wasn't planning on actually using it!

Hopefully, you have better luck locating the required wires.

Curious if you solved this. I have a 2020 M335 and went to install the gateway which has to be purchased separately, but I can't find the faceplate inside the RV. The antenna is directly over the bathroom closet, so it looks like I will be tearing into the upper section of closet to see if the panel is there. Real bad design decision...
You may not have it like I did. Mine was over the kitchen and just looked like a blank faceplate and after some research, that is what I was told that is where it mounts. I was also told that you can install it under the dome but you'll have to go on the roof to complete that part.

I took down the faceplate as I was curious what kind of wire was behind it. There was a hole, but no wire. I fished around with my finger for a minute but couldn't find anything. Glad I wasn't planning on actually using it!

Hopefully, you have better luck locating the required wires.
Oh wow.... Ya, I haven't even opened up my faceplate yet. Wonder if mine is the same.

hayward6

You may not have it like I did. Mine was over the kitchen and just looked like a blank faceplate and after some research, that is what I was told that is where it mounts. I was also told that you can install it under the dome but you'll have to go on the roof to complete that part.
I have a blank faceplate in the living area but its just a rectangle and only thing in there is a 12volt wire. I was told the winegard faceplate would be a round one specifically badged for winegard.

hayward6

Ok, I opened up the panel that's located about 16 feet from where the antenna is mounted, and sure enough, that power wire turns on and off with the connect switch on the wall near the antenna. So, here's the new question. Since the existing antenna runs the TV and Radio and is so far away, and since there are no other wires in this cutout, do I need to buy another antenna dome? And use it for WIFI/Cellular only? That seems ridiculous... I'm going to try support again this week. I work the same hours as them, so it's been hard, but I will try that again.

hayward6

I believe I figured my situation out. "WIFI Ready" Means that they ran a power wire and switch. I have to purchase everything, and do everything else :) Sadly, in my case they also put that power wire 20 feet away from where the 360+ is installed, so I will probably just buy a second antenna since that's the cheap piece... They installed my current 360+ directly over my bathroom closest where there is no access to the ceiling. Every time I buy a camper I spend the next two years fixing all the design problems, I have never encountered a more incompetent business model...

So it basically comes down to whether you have the 360 or the 360+ antenna dome on your roof one is just radio an the other is wifi etc... I found this video it was really helpful.

Beisek

So, if its anything like mine (2021 M26), I have the Winegard dome on top and the same hanging sign "prewired" inside. Basically you probably got the Winegard Air 360 which is your TV antenna which works pretty well but if you want the wifi and cell booster, you have to purchase the Winegard gateway. This gateway acts like a router and mounts to the blank plate on your ceiling just under the dome on the roof. I think there is an option to install the gateway directly into the dome if you don't want the small box hanging on your ceiling. Then you can boost wifi signals around you or amplify cell signal and even purchase a SIM card to broadcast cell data in your trailer for you to connect your devices to.

Hope that helps.
I have a new cyclone and trying to use the winegard 360. Is there a way to move the antenna? I got the app and it shows lots of signals but I’m not getting but one major network. Is there a panel for this antenna? I can’t find one lol.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a new cyclone and trying to use the winegard 360. Is there a way to move the antenna? I got the app and it shows lots of signals but I’m not getting but one major network. Is there a panel for this antenna? I can’t find one lol.
You should have an antenna booster somewhere. Is it turned on?
Also, is your TV programmed to use the antenna as it's signal source?

Peace
Dave

Beisek

New 2021 M335, has the winegard dome up top, switch inside.... sticker says it’s pre wired for it, but install videos show the dome as the whole unit I have yet to see anyone insert the guts and cover it back up. So if I have the dome do I already have the system? When I turn the switch on nothing shows up on the wifi to connect to for setup. So I either have an empty dome or a defective unit
You should have an antenna booster somewhere. Is it turned on?
Also, is your TV programmed to use the antenna as it's signal source?

Peace
Dave
There is an on switch where cable goes In. It’s green. I’ll have look at Tv didn’t see a place to choose source but I’ll look. Thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The TV menu will be the place to look for the signal source. It could be named something like ANT, TV or the like.

Peace
Dave