Enough Room To Raise Pinbox? Pics

Squirlee

Do I have enough room to adjust my pinbox up (lower the nose)? The dealer said it was too hard to move it up any more so they left it but we are still very nose high. Does the bolt have to be at the very top hole on the pinbox or can I raise the pinbox and use a lower hole (second hole down)?

Attachments

• 678B9DFD-333D-488C-82D3-895B29C71D56.jpeg
    678B9DFD-333D-488C-82D3-895B29C71D56.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like your pinbox is a high as it's gonna get.
Have you tried lowering your hitch?

Peace
Dave

Squirlee

I have an auto slide so it doesn’t have any adjustment. Do the bolts have to be in the very top holes on the pinbox? I have room to get the pinbox up one more hole but I wouldn’t be able to use the top hole on the pinbox.

It looks like your pinbox is a high as it's gonna get.
Have you tried lowering your hitch?

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you raise it, how many bolts will you be able to install? If it ends up with two on one side and only one on the other, you may have a shear stress problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squirlee

I would still be able to get 4 bolts on each side. The only difference would be I wouldn’t be using the top hole at the front of the pinbox. That bolt would be in the second hole down.

If you raise it, how many bolts will you be able to install? If it ends up with two on one side and only one on the other, you may have a shear stress problem.

Flick

Then you may be OK.

I agree. The holes are there. Try it and see what happens. It’s not like your drilling new holes. It may not help enough to satisfy your needs and you may have to investigate getting a new hitch and selling your auto slide on Craig’s list or EBay or giving it to a friend.

avvidclif

Just remember to maintain the ~6" of clearance over the bed sides and that when hooked up the hitch itself is level and not cocked up or down (F to B).

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Do I have enough room to adjust my pinbox up (lower the nose)? The dealer said it was too hard to move it up any more so they left it but we are still very nose high. Does the bolt have to be at the very top hole on the pinbox or can I raise the pinbox and use a lower hole (second hole down)?

From what I see in that picture that is as high as you can get out of it.. If you go up 1 more hole if you even could the top of the Pinbox would be smashed into the bottom of your nose cone. there is a lot of flex there and it will most likely start cracking your nose cone.

However If you want to give it a try it's really easy to do. use 2 or 3 large punches to keep it from falling down while you remove the bolts and move it up. Put the punches in as you remove the bolts. 1 punch in the rear on one side and the front on the opposite side. Then work it up by removing the front punch lift it up and reinsert the punch. Hope that makes sense.

Jerrod

cb84456e-855d-4da5-984a-61d5b5b4559d_1000.jpg

Squirlee

Thanks everyone for your input and for the tip on holding the pinbox in place while moving it. Much appreciated.