Yeti fuse?

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
Tried to go back and research "Yeti" in past forum posts, but am going to ask again. What does the 15 amp fuse labeled Yeti do? I am assuming it runs the heating pads for waste tanks?

We blew the fuse for the AC and ran out of 15 amp fuses, so wanted to "temporarily borrow" another 15 amp fuse that would not jeopardize other necessary functions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kathi-27

i pulled mine when we bought ours 1 1/2 years ago so as not to have problem with getting turned on with tanks empty with no problems with anything else. fuse is for tank pads and heat tape for fresh water tank line to pump

danemayer

On most rigs with YETI, the fuse is only for the heat tape on the underbelly portion of the fresh water tank feed line to the pump. The tank heating pads on most are 120V AC powered by a circuit breaker.

I think there may be some models, possibly Big Country in some model years, where the tank heating pads were also powered by a 12V DC fuse; perhaps the same one.

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
On most rigs with YETI, the fuse is only for the heat tape on the underbelly portion of the fresh water tank feed line to the pump. The tank heating pads on most are 120V AC powered by a circuit breaker.

I think there may be some models, possibly Big Country in some model years, where the tank heating pads were also powered by a 12V DC fuse; perhaps the same one.

Good diagnosis! We do in fact have a 2017 Big Country 3965DSS and that was what I found in my research. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk