2014 3875FB Leveling system suddenly not working

Tghoover

Morning all,

My 6 point level-up system decided it didn't want to work this morning. Both the controller and the front jack switch won't activate the jacks. I hear a "clicking" noise at the hydraulic pump like it is trying to actuate, but that is it. Any suggestions???

danemayer

Clicking may indicate a power problem. On the levelup control panel, cycle the mode to check the voltage reading. If plugged into shore power, it should read 13.2 - 13.6 VDC. If less than 12.4 V, the battery is not getting recharged. If so, press the reset button on the 12V DC mini-circuit breaker on the buss bar near the battery. It's a teeny-tiny button. Attached pictures should help. The breakers are usually covered by a red rubber boot.

Buss Bar Example Notated.jpgcircuit breaker reset.jpg

Tghoover

Thanks for the update, let it sit overnight, voltage is at 13.3 volts. Just checked it, everything working. I have gremlins in the RV...

danemayer

If it happens again, check for clean/tight connections and crimps at the battery terminals, and also on the hydraulic pump. If they all look good, another possibility is a bad ground to frame - either from the pump or from the battery.

If it happens again, check for clean/tight connections and crimps at the battery terminals, and also on the hydraulic pump. If they all look good, another possibility is a bad ground to frame - either from the pump or from the battery.

I found this thread researching my own issue. I am having a similar but different problem. On first hookup to hitch from storage the landing gear would only move a couple of inches then I would get the clicking with a steady red light on the control panel (Lippert 3.0). A few seconds would pass then green and go again. I noticed the left jack was going up at a much faster pace then the right which I have read is not too unusual.

Since I was only lifting the gear to put a wider jack pad under it I repeated the process with the gear going down, again, a few seconds of move, a few of wait, left one moving, right one catching up.

Is this the same diag, power issue?

danemayer

I found this thread researching my own issue. I am having a similar but different problem. On first hookup to hitch from storage the landing gear would only move a couple of inches then I would get the clicking with a steady red light on the control panel (Lippert 3.0). A few seconds would pass then green and go again. I noticed the left jack was going up at a much faster pace then the right which I have read is not too unusual.

Since I was only lifting the gear to put a wider jack pad under it I repeated the process with the gear going down, again, a few seconds of move, a few of wait, left one moving, right one catching up.

You'll want to read the Hydraulic Slide Starts and Stops user guide. While the title refers to slides, the information also applies to hydraulic landing gear and also to some electric landing gear.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I would say your issue is 1 of the 2 possible 50 amp auto reset circuit breaker. You can replace it with the same breaker or do some upgrading and use a 80amp auto breaker like lots of us have done.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Looking at the 80 amp auto breakers I am not seeing any that will fit into the existing buss bar. Do you have one you can recommend that does or are you not using the factory bar?

Rineer, I just finished the upgrade to an 80A circuit for the hydraulics on my BH. It has the Lippert 3.0. You have to upgrade all the cables including the ground cable as well as the 80A breaker. I chose a manual reset style:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GFBS38G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As a footnote, I did find what I believe was the original issue in a bad/loose crimp near the hydraulic pump. You need to pull on the cables not just visually inspect them.