Things to do at glacier

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
We are at glacier Montana and asking what are the must sees around glacier we’ve done with the park are there things we should see before we venture on

dewwood

If you have not checked out Polebridge, it makes for an interesting day trip. There is a general store/bakery and a little log cabin restaurant.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Hungry horse reservoir. There’s a drivable loop back to the Spotted Bear CG & ranger station. Much of it dirt road but a section along the west shore is paved.
The ski lodge at whitefish has rides on the lifts. Great view of Flathead lake (if it’s open).
Ride out to Libby MT. Lots of history. If you recall that’s where the asbestos law suits began
Ride down 83 the Swan Valley to Swan Lake or even down to Seeley Lake. Stop at Holland Lake. Great scenery
Second the ride up to Polebridge. Go to Bowman and or Kintla lakes in the Park.
Take a leisurely float trip on the Flathead river
Did you ride out to Essex to the rail yard and historic hotel on US 2 east of the west glacier entrance?
Did you visit downtown Whitefish. Kind of artsy fartsy but a nice place to visit regardless.
What are your interests??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If you decide to do Polebridge just know there is a long bumpy dirt road :( And in my opinion not much reward at the other end. I now have some new rattles and squeaks in my new truck. Never again !!!!!

travelin2

If you decide to do Polebridge just know there is a long bumpy dirt road :( And in my opinion not much reward at the other end. I now have some new rattles and squeaks in my new truck. Never again !!!!!

But sometimes taking the road less traveled reveals a reward bar none. Just depends on what excites you.
Inside the north entrance. Short hike from Bowman Lake. You’re looking into Canada from there
I have a couple pictures of Bowman lake but it’s the backdrop for family photo I’ll not share

de607fd8c7badd44d53eb3fbbc3447e0.jpg

Piperflyer

Bowman is one of the prettiest and cleanest lake I have seen. There is a campground there, but the road going to it isn't the widest(one lane in spots).

travelin2

Bowman is one of the prettiest and cleanest lake I have seen. There is a campground there, but the road going to it isn't the widest(one lane in spots).

Kintla is a mirror image. If you admire pristine outdoor scenery NW MT is almost perfect. I’ve backpacked into the backcountry with my sons and have seen scenery unsurpassed by anything seen at tourist attractions
Just saying

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
Thanks for the Manny response we took advantage of some of the suggestions that filled our day and well tomorrow is also then heading out Saturday morning to Yellowstone thanks one and all