TV/Audio system issues

Dbelk

I purchased a 2019 Elkridge 37RK. My TV/Audio system does not seem to be very good. With the air conditioning running, I can not hear the sound on the TV even if the volume is turned all the way up. When I'm playing a DVD, the sound comes out of the stereo speakers, but when I'm watching TV, the sound comes out of the TV speakers and not the stereo speakers. The question I have is did they not set it up properly at the factory or do I just have a low end system?? I've asked this question to the guys where I purchased the RV and they said that's the way it comes with the RV.

danemayer

Historically, although a few do, most trailers do not have a cable from the TV audio output back to the surround sound. Yours may or may not have a cable.

Assuming a cable is there, you may have to adjust the settings on the TV menu in order to send the audio, and you may have to figure out the correct settings on the sound system to play that audio. This varies a lot by TV and by surround sound - there's no single answer.

Your starting point is probably to verify the cable, or if necessary to install a cable. You may have to pull the surround sound to see what's plugged in, using the manual as a guide to understand the various connections. You might have to also check what's plugged into the TV.

If the cable was not supplied, as on most trailers, to get the right cable, you'll have to determine what type of audio outputs the TV has, and what type of audio inputs the surround sound has. The manuals are the place to start to determine the connection types. Often there is no matching connection at each end, in which case adapters may be needed.

We have an owner-written RV Audio Connections Illustrated guide that will help you figure out how to bridge connector types.

Hollandt

I purchased a 2019 Elkridge 37RK. My TV/Audio system does not seem to be very good. With the air conditioning running, I can not hear the sound on the TV even if the volume is turned all the way up. When I'm playing a DVD, the sound comes out of the stereo speakers, but when I'm watching TV, the sound comes out of the TV speakers and not the stereo speakers. The question I have is did they not set it up properly at the factory or do I just have a low end system?? I've asked this question to the guys where I purchased the RV and they said that's the way it comes with the RV.

Had the same issue. My TV and audio system had wires run from the TV to the Audion system but was set up to have the audio from the DVD go to the TV. I changed the connection on both ends by plugging the wires on the TV to audio out and the audio system to audio in. Now i can set the audio system to AV in and get the normal TV sound on the TV and the audio speakers. Helped a lot. Downside is if you use the DVD now the sound only comes out the audio speakers and not the TV.

Hope this helps

Dbelk

I bought the same year and model. My trailer didn’t have a surround system at all!! I had to buy a sound bar.