Anderson 4-Way Valve Repair or replace

bigdob24

Got a valve that leaks by and fills my fresh tank when on city setting. Did it this last week and has done it another time.
In the past I took one apart on another unit I had and cleaned it regressed it and it was fine .
‘Can you do this on the new valves or are they cheap knock offs that just need replacing?
BD

Gary521

Two ways to fix an Anderson valve 1. Buy a replacement core, which comes with new O rings. 2. Replace the entire valve with a new updated brass version, which, supposedly, does not fail.

CoveredWagon

i just went through this the other day. Having had a blown seal on the Andersen valve two years ago I had spare seals. It's the easiest job to fix this valve so I disassembled it and found it in perfect operating condition. Before running out and buying a check valve to install in front of the water pump (stores weren't exactly close ) I used the users guide to get a second determination that I had a failed check valve in the pump. After checking the Andersen valve for leaks I reassembled the water lines and removed the inlet line to the pump. I took a little waiting but sure enough water began to leak out of the pump. It was a small leak and flow but it was there. Made the trip to get a check valve and installed it. No more leak. Worst part of the job was emptying and re packing the mother in law suite.

SLO

To answer your original question. The new Anderson valves are not cheap knockoffs and you cannot disassemble and regrease them. They are a sealed brass ball type valve with multiple ports. If it’s happened more than once to you, I’d replace with the new Anderson valve. This assuming it’s not the check valve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
To answer your original question. The new Anderson valves are not cheap knockoffs and you cannot disassemble and regrease them. They are a sealed brass ball type valve with multiple ports. If it’s happened more than once to you, I’d replace with the new Anderson valve. This assuming it’s not the check valve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the new valve also has a check valve on the tank fill line :rolleyes:

Two ways to fix an Anderson valve 1. Buy a replacement core, which comes with new O rings. 2. Replace the entire valve with a new updated brass version, which, supposedly, does not fail.
Where should we order this from? I need the 4 way brass ball valve (whole valve.)

Attachments

• PXL_20240412_194938442.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240412_194938442.MP.jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20240413_155532147.jpg
    PXL_20240413_155532147.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11

NYSUPstater

In past cple of years, have replaced the check valve for hot water tank, water pump and 4 way A-valve (replaced it w/ the brass one from Anderson). Crap happens. Biggest PITA is taking everything out of the basement, removing panels and then stuffing my LA into the basement to fix things. Only to go back/forth a few times for this tool or that tool, LOL. BUT once done and keep fingers crossed goooooooooooood to go for awhile.