Replacement Lugnuts

cgaskins

Howdy, I noticed a couple of threads on this topic that were a little dated so I decided to start another one....

I have a 2015 Big Country 3650RL - which we absolutely love! I hate the tin covered lugnuts. I have a couple that have cracked and I want to replace all 32 of my lugnuts. They are 9/16 -18. I went to a couple of parts stores this morning and didn't like what I found except at NAPA. Their part number 641-4274 is a very beefy and sturdy lugnut. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NDP6414274?keywordInput=6414274

Well it is a little different from the ones I currently have on my wheels. The difference is the length and the angle of the head where it seats into the wheel and the length.

So here is a comparison of the two:
Original LugnugNAPA Lugnut
Internal Thread Depth:1.801.61
Width (widest part)1.031.17
Deepest scaring on tip after a full torque seeting.89.93

Th wheel stud extends out 0.649 past my wheel so I have plenty of room in the NAPA lugnut to accommodate the length of the stud. The NAP lugnut also fits the diameter of the hole in the wheel which is 1.30.

Any issues you guys see with running with these lugnuts? If there are better alternatives, please let me know.

Note in the attached photos the OEM lugnut is on the left and the NAPA lugnut is on the right.

IMG_20200905_102547.jpg

IMG_20200905_102535.jpg

IMG_20200905_102506.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

jnbhobe

Look for gorilla lugs online they have anything you

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

brianlajoie

I replaced all mine with JEGS high performance lug nuts. I've been giving away my old ones when I go to rallies.

cgaskins

Thanks all. I picked up 32 new Gorilla Lugnuts from Amazon and installed them this past Saturday.

cgaskins

Re-tighten at 50, 100, 250 miles.

Yup. I am religious about checking and tightening. Growing up as a farm boy in South Georgia, I lost a wheel and a load of corn on a wagon because of loose lugnuts. Had to clean it up all by myself (500 bushels) - not fun.

-Chris