Heartland Customer Service

EdMcK101

I understand how difficult it must be to keep Heartland customers happy after the sale but seriously, how hard is it to send out a little touchup paint to a Bighorn owner? Like all fifth wheels, mine has accumulated some road chips on the front cap over three years of use. Called Heartland customer service, explained the problem and requested some touchup paint. After providing the requested VIN number, phone number and email address, I was told that someone would get back to me soon. Next day I received an email from a Lori Burner with this: "You'll have to get it made, we can't ship paint." WTF! Touchup paint bottles are in the mail every day from all kinds of automotive suppliers. This is the kind of customer service that makes me wish that I were still a Tiffin owner.

I love my Bighorn, it's been a great coach, but the dismissive response I received from Heartland customer service concerning a very modest request will forever remain in the back of my mind. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

danemayer

Shipping paint has become a problem over the past few years due to government regulations. Paint companies ship all the time and can deal with the regs. Heartland subs out painting to an independent shop. You'll probably have better luck getting the contact info for their paint vendor and the codes for your paint.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This has been the protocol for many years now. If you have full body paint they use to ship small touch up paint bottles with the unit. Mine were in the drawer under the stairs.
Also look inside your control cabinet for the sticker on the back of the door from the paint shop, it will have your paint codes on it.

Jerrod

d98e0c353f5418673a25b91e5d0717f0.jpg
212e8e83c0b24c640a46b56274c39554.jpg

pjones1969

Calls Mikes from the post above, they are very good to deal with, give them your VIN and if they were the ones that painted it they will send you the formula for each color you have and then you can source it locally. I had a hard time finding Sikkens and when I did it was a qt. minimum and about $60 so I passed since I was just looking for a sample to have on hand (our touch up kit that was with the rig had 2 of the same)