Hot water problem

Hunter45

We are out for our shake down trip, in our new 2020 Heartland Mallard, we have hot water everywhere other than the kitchen sink. We have run 4-5 gallons of water through the faucet without any luck. I have tried the faucet in both positions still no hot water. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hunter45

Hollandt

We are out for our shake down trip, in our new 2020 Heartland Mallard, we have hot water everywhere other than the kitchen sink. We have run 4-5 gallons of water through the faucet without any luck. I have tried the faucet in both positions still no hot water. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hunter45

Make sure you water heater bypass is in the correct position. There will be three valves near the HW tank or a three way valve near the tank used when winterizing the unit. If a three valve system check to insure the middle valve is closed connecting the hot water line to the cold water line. If the bypass is OK then it sounds like the kitchen sink may be plumbed wrong?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Check to make sure the outside shower valves are both off. if they are on it will bypass cold water into the hot water line.. But normally it will be cold water everywhere.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You may need to expose the plumbing to the sink to verify it was connected properly, like the hot water line is actually connected to the water heater outlet. I know with our former 3670, it took a bit to get hot water to the kitchen faucet, but not 5 gallons.

danemayer

1. Is the water flow rate the same in the kitchen whether selecting hot or cold?
2. Is the water flow rate in the kitchen the same as in the bathroom?

wdk450

Thanks
Hunter45

Part of your purchase price is an amount to cover warranty repairs. It has been Heartland Service's policy over the years to allow you to get warranty repairs from ANY servicer of your choice (not just your selling dealer). Just call Heartland service in advance. Most of us owners prefer to deal with INDEPENDENT (no RV Sales) RV servicers. RVServiceReviews.com has listings of RV servicers.