Oshkosh TV mount

TXgearhead

Wondering if anyone else is having issues with the living area TV mount. Last year the latch on the left side of the TV failed. I bought another one from Heartland. Although it was a different design it worked. This year the pins on the right side of the mount jumped out of the holes they are supposed to be in. There are several washers loose under the TV. I assume those are spacers for the pins. To prevent the TV from crashing, I drilled a hole in the shelf behind it and secured the TV with parachute cord. Redneck, but it worked.
Anyone else been down this road?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes I have had to rebuild and reinforce ours after a few years. These things are like a rolling earthquake. Thing take a real beating back there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TXgearhead

I think if it wasn't designed to swing out it would be more secure. In our floorplan there isn't much need for it to swing out anyway.
I'll get it back in position and then see what I can do about modifications.

RickL

I’d agree that the swing side of the mounting leaves quite a bit to be desired. I haven’t yet taken it apart but plan to do so when I hit Yuma for a 5 month stay. I have however moved the bottom mount up twice, with washers, but the mounting area keeps depressing. My plan is to take a 6”X6” 3/16” steel plate to help spread the weight.

TXgearhead

I’d agree that the swing side of the mounting leaves quite a bit to be desired. I haven’t yet taken it apart but plan to do so when I hit Yuma for a 5 month stay. I have however moved the bottom mount up twice, with washers, but the mounting area keeps depressing. My plan is to take a 6”X6” 3/16” steel plate to help spread the weight.
I was thinking after getting it back in place I would "mic" the diameter of the pins and use external snap rings to snug it up, like the washers are used for. Probably have to keep snap rings and pliers on hand all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Rick: Do you have a radio in your Oshkosh? We were in Vallecito Colorado for a month escaping Houston heat and humidity. I was looking through my component papers and saw an owners manual for a radio. If I have a radio it is well hidden.

RickL

I was thinking after getting it back in place I would "mic" the diameter of the pins and use external snap rings to snug it up, like the washers are used for. Probably have to keep snap rings and pliers on hand all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Rick: Do you have a radio in your Oshkosh? We were in Vallecito Colorado for a month escaping Houston heat and humidity. I was looking through my component papers and saw an owners manual for a radio. If I have a radio it is well hidden.

No radio that I have every found and we have lived in this for almost 3 years now.

TXgearhead

No radio that I have every found and we have lived in this for almost 3 years now.

I think this is the first RV I have owned with no radio.
One would think for the price they charge a radio would be standard. One would think.

RickL

I think this is the first RV I have owned with no radio.
One would think for the price they charge a radio would be standard. One would think.

To be honest I don’t miss a radio. We utilize Directv so I can just either turn on the music channels or because I mounted a sound bar on the basement TV that is Bluetooth I BT Sirius from my iPad to the sound bar. I wonder for those models that come with a radio if they are satellite ready? If not, we would be in trouble as we end up in areas that we can’t get TV, thus the need for Directv, so I would guess getting radio stations would also be very limited.